Poachers Busted

BizCT

Quote: "The investigation, dubbed “Operation TIP Works,” is the result of numerous complaints from the public to the Minnesota Turn In Poachers program."

So, whenever we hear on these forums about neighbors or others that "we just know are poaching", NYS has a TIPP program also. Make a call. It's all anonymous if you want it to be, and shines a light on illegal activity. The DEC can't be everywhere, and that's what these poachers count on to get away with their crap. They also count on some hair-brained notion about being afraid to be a "rat", and actually get away with stealing from all of us because of that crazy mentality.

• Like 3

I think it's great they took their truck away etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem is..If you read the post it says he had an 8pt buck in the back. Didnt say it was not a legal deer. They cant pull a guys truck because he MIGHT have had an illegal deer in there at one time or another!  They will get the truck and guns back when a lawyer gets ahold of it. They will take a big time fine and no hunting for a few years...Like that will bother them...But they cant confiscate something on a..Might have been involved in a crime...dont work that way.

most likely, any evidence will be held until after the case is disposed of, these cases can be in the courts for quite some time.....so even if they do eventually get some property back it won't be for awhile. Hopefully they have a good case against these guys so they get nothing back and I'm sure there's more to that case then what's in that article.

The truck is being auctioned off it says. Regardless of what happens to the truck and guns, these guys are scumbags and I hope their lives are effected forever.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Turns out this guy has prior poaching actions.

Charged last week with the bulk of the counts in Lac qui Parle County District Court was Joshua Liebl, 37, of Dawson, Minn. Under a multistate enforcement compact, Liebl lost his hunting privileges in Minnesota in 2013 because of a shining conviction in South Dakota.

The truck is being auctioned off it says. Regardless of what happens to the truck and guns, these guys are scumbags and I hope their lives are effected forever.

If that freshly killed 8pt buck shot with a rifle was taken illegal on top of all those others then Oh Yeah..Truck and all gone. Im afraid if not they will just get fines and lose some hunting, of which they will do anyways. Sad the little fines they have for game violations in some places.

Long term investigations like this involve a lot of surveillance on the suspects. Law enforcement will often  confirm and document illegal activity but not necessarily make an arrest at the time they see the violation, in order to build a bigger case.  They will document weeks, months or even years worth of illegal activity and then make one big sting at the end. If law enforcement saw these guys using the truck to transport hunters to illegally take game, time and time again, or use the truck to illegally transport poached game or the firearms or other equipment used in an illegal enterprise… the truck is gone. A legally tagged deer in the bed of the truck at the time of the arrest would have no bearing on the overall  investigation.