Safe Act Trying to Repeal it Sign it

Not a chance of getting repealed. But Ill sign it.

I believe the only shot is the courts.

You could be right, but let's not bury the man before he is dead. He is attempting to make good on a campaign promise, right from day-one. That's something you rarely see from a politician these days. He clobbered an incumbent democrat by a substantial margin, so I say let him have at it and see if he can surprise everybody again. And if he needs support for his attempt, there is no reason not to supply it.

• Like 4

Not a chance of getting repealed. But Ill sign it.

I believe the only shot is the courts.

Ford, We are doing bad in the courts, and SCOTUS will not hear it. You know already how it feels to be over regulated with gun control laws that do nothing. I think when the picture becomes clear to the 1-2 weekend a year hunter, its to late. They will stop single action, bolt actions, double barrels, there not going to stop with the so call AW or round count. Waiting to do nothing has got us where, oh right were we are now. Take every chance you can to fight back, and many need to remember if you own  a gun your the friend of the other legal gun owner even if you don't like what gun he shoots. 2nd Amendment is very clear its the Antis that are making it unclear, so please don't sit back until it effects you it will be to late.

Edited by Huntscreek
  • Like 2

Ford, We are doing bad in the courts, and SCOTUS will not hear it. You know already how it feels to be over regulated with gun control laws that do nothing. I think when the picture becomes clear to the 1-2 weekend a year hunter, its to late. They will stop single action, bolt actions, double barrels, there not going to stop with the so call AW or round count. Waiting to do nothing has got us where, oh right were we are now. Take every chance you can to fight back, and many need to remember if you own  a gun your the friend of the other legal gun owner even if you don't like what gun he shoots. 2nd Amendment is very clear its the Antis that are making it unclear, so please don't sit back until it effects you it will be to late.

I understand what you are saying.

I belong to the NRA, and a couple of others. These people passed this law in the dark of night, they are not going to change their minds. 

Should we try on principal? Yes. There is about a 0% chance of repeal though. So far the courts got rid of the seven round nonsense. At least that is something.

Has anybody taken the time to compare state senators and assemblymen who voted for the Safe Act to those to those that got the ax during this last election? I know the political make-up of both houses changed significantly, but I haven't gotten a chance to see just how it all shook out.

10 round mag only load 7 unless the following. This is the confusion that this Law has created. More reason it should be repealed.

The SAFE Act was recently amended. The amendments include the following changes to the law:

• Suspending the requirement that only magazines that can contain 7 rounds or less can be purchased. Going forward, magazines can be purchased that can contain up to 10 rounds. Magazines may only contain up to 7 rounds regardless of their capacity, unless you are at an incorporated firing range or competition, in which case you may load your magazine to its full capacity.
  • Clarifying that active law enforcement continues to be exempt from the prohibitions on the possession of high capacity magazines, assault weapons, and magazines containing more than 7 rounds, as well as the law prohibiting weapons on school grounds.
  • Ensuring that local safe storage laws are not preempted by the SAFE Act.

And they said the rest was constitutional

I was watching an old show on tv where they made weed and machine guns of limits. I cant remember what they called the law now but they passed it. They used the excuse that when blacks got stoned they would get all horned up and go around raping white women. They shut down the guns when the cartel started moving around the weed.

I was watching an old show on tv where they made weed and machine guns of limits. I cant remember what they called the law now but they passed it. They used the excuse that when blacks got stoned they would get all horned up and go around raping white women. They shut down the guns when the cartel started moving around the weed.

never saw that one......was it a Sitcom?

never saw that one......was it a Sitcom?

No i freakin knew i should have wrote it down. It was on direct Tv under the Drug Inc. show. It was a documentary on mary jane. From way back in like 1900 and before.How grass got started and how it was legal and then not.  Way back when you could order your buzz from Sears and Robuck. lol    Weed sure has came along way from then til now.  Happy Times!

Oh wait..this is about guns. They outlawed machine guns..in the courts...when the drugs started flowing and the cartel were going under ground moving it.

No i freakin knew i should have wrote it down. It was on direct Tv under the Drug Inc. show. It was a documentary on mary jane. From way back in like 1900 and before.How grass got started and how it was legal and then not.  Way back when you could order your buzz from Sears and Robuck. lol    Weed sure has came along way from then til now.  Happy Times!

Oh wait..this is about guns. They outlawed machine guns..in the courts...when the drugs started flowing and the cartel were going under ground moving it.

http://www.drugpolicy.org/blog/how-did-marijuana-become-illegal-first-place

here ya go..........while not exactly what you saw, it's pretty close.