Baby Deer!

NFA-ADK

It's that time of the year again!  Lets see some pics of the fawns!  Remember they are usually left alone and are not abandoned please don't touch them. 

Anyone seeing any yet?  I would think on LI they should be dropping any day now.

From looking at the shape the deer by me in the Catskills They were nice and heavy.This past winter took it's toll on them , to look at last years young they are very thin and I wonder how they survived. There mothers are a little heavier but still Thin Now.

No I have not seen any yet.

We will see in another month if the are going to have twins or triplets this year.

• Like 1

Yup- they could start dropping any time now, but most will fall later in the month.

Here's one from last year on May 12'th 2014. He was likely only on the ground a few hours before I found him on my way to chase turkeys.

original.jpg

• Like 7

I have only seen a few but ...damn awesome!!! I was trout fishing one  May and saw one hunkered down under some low hanging crap just off a foot path that ran along the creek. It was so tiny.  I pretended that I never saw it so I wouldn't stress it out. Just kept walking. Less 50 yards or so down I came across a doe that just blew and stomped at me. She wouldn't leave.  After a few casts I just let her have her little spot….

• Like 3

I guess it wouldn't be impossible, but most deer get born later in May and more likely early June.

True but I figured some early ones would drop especially on LI where they seem to breed early.  Not exactly easy to find or see for the first two weeks unless you are looking for them or almost stumble upon them.