New wireless trail cams..who uses them and what brands?

Anyone have feedback on these new trail cams that send pics to your cellphone / computer?

I have Verizon..and get great reception up in my new place in Spencer.

Its 4 1/2 hours away. One or two of these cams could be very beneficial to my scouting program.

I've heard good things about Spypoint...But very pricey even for me who could get them wholesale as I am a sporting goods dealer..Any other brands that are Verizon compatible that has a good record?

I would appreciate all replys...

Real time doesn't have a definition in that law does it?

Is 90 seconds real time? I'd call that near real time. It's a poorly written law, especially for the hunters using these cams to monitor private property for security, trespassing, etc.

• Like 2

Verizon options are expensive to operate. More cost to operate than they are probably worth for most people.

Look to see if At and t will work for you there and go that route if possible. You do not need to have matched companies between your cell phone and the cam itself. Neither Verizon or At and T are allowing additions to cell plans, so they will be separate regardless. M2M with Verizon or Dataconnect w/At and T.

Most of the time I've had people say "at and t" doesn't work here, are making assumption without actually checking. I've only had one place not get at and T service and it's more geography than service being in a narrow steep valley (ie 100 yards wide about 100 feet down)...and the Verizon phones have trouble in that spot, too, due to it. Move about 200 yards out of that valley, and both Verizon and At and T are there for the taking.

Covert Code Black (2015 model), Spartan Go Cam, and soon to be released USA Trail Cams are the models I would look at. Don't bother with the others. Again avoid Verizon if you can in any way, it's a rabbit hole. The companies will need a few years to iron out alot of issues and plan costs with Verizon.

Is it not different from wireless security cameras? They are legal. I know a couple of people who set them up on the edge of the woods facing their driveway for home security. 

If you are hunting on the property, you can't use it.

Many people set these cams up to monitor hunting property, whether borders or trailers or camp houses, or driveways, etc. The law states they can't be used on property while engaged in hunting.