Are we a complacent society?

First-light

Sure don't seem so. While cars are safer, there are now more people and cars have become more affordable. It seems like there are more a-hole drivers than ever. The main target of my post are people who speed, text and drive, and drunk drivers. Regardless of the laws that are put in place, people still seem to do those things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could it be that with news traveling faster, and further and the ease at which you get it, you are just hearing about these things more than you used to? Crime rates are down, etc but many people keep saying the world is going to hell in a handbasket. Just something to think about.

• Like 2

WNYBH... You do have a point I mean think about it ...The generation before us dropped not one, but two Nuclear weapons on civilian cities...People were being rounded up brutalized, experimented on gassed and put in furnaces.... assembly line style...concentration camps around the world including our own Japaneses population.( don't make me pull out the definition of concentration camp)....

Talk about a time when the world went to hell in a hand basket.....

• Like 2

WNYBH... You do have a point I mean think about it ...The generation before us dropped not one, but two Nuclear weapons on civilian cities...People were being rounded up brutalized, experimented on gassed and put in furnaces.... assembly line style...concentration camps around the world including our own Japaneses population.( don't make me pull out the definition of concentration camp)....

Talk about a time when the world went to hell in a hand basket.....

Which makes places like Darfur and elsewhere today even more troubling that it goes on with no recourse. Info flows fast yet humans still find a way to be human.
  • Like 1