Broadheads 2015

Hock3y24

I just bought a pack of G5 striker magnums for shits and giggles, 30 yard target. It BLEW through my target dead center. I shot a few more arrows and it was no fluke. 1.5 inch cutting diameter fixed head flying perfect to 30 yards!

Have killed several deer with those. I liked them a lot! I am just up for trying something new with the rage hypos!

I just went out for a "final walk through". Field tips are hitting with Montecs and Torrid mechs out to 40. I'm as ready as I'm going to be. The Montec went through a styrofoam target and a Black Hole target and hit a landscape paver that I put behind them for weight, its still looks as good as new. They are a tough head. And Black Hole targets are crap

• 2 months later...

I'v only used Muzzy MX-3, and they always performed perfectly.  Father-in-law bought me some Carbon Express Shurikens for my birthday, so Ill give them a try this season.  Anyone get a chance to try these yet?  They look pretty scary, Ill report back as soon as I put one to work.

attachicon.gifshuriken.jpg

Just a little follow up... the new fangled broadheads did the job.  Can't say there is any difference in effectivness between Shurikens and Muzzys.  Similar price... but you can get replacement blades for the Muzzys.  However, I imagine any broadhead would've succeeded here:

post-6386-0-62941200-1450475236_thumb.jp

Edited by johnplav