Savage 220

That is one heck of a gun, I shot a doe at 279 confirmed yards two years ago. The 2 3/4" federals shoot the best out of my gun. Mine is a 20 gauge, stainless barrel with synthetic stock topped with a Leopold BDC. 

Someone should buy it

Edited by catskillkid
  • Like 1

That is one heck of a gun, I shot a doe at 279 confirmed yards two years ago. The 2 3/4" federals shoot the best out of my gun. Mine is a 20 gauge, stainless barrel with synthetic stock topped with a Leopold BDC. 

Someone should buy it

Wow, nice shot.  I have a 220, but can't imagine shooting it to near 300yds.  What was the hold over at that distance?

I held on her back bone with first shot and missed. I thought the round hit low so I held 6"s higher. She dropped in her tracks when the round went through the shoulder.

I would not encourage the average shooter to do this, but I do a lot of shooting off the bench.

Edited by catskillkid

Our area, 4H, switched over to rifle last year, and that is what I'll hunt with most now. But,if I were to retire my old Ithica Deerslayer 2, I would replace it with this gun!

Grampy you can't replace it if you don't buy it! You must have a kid or gran child that could use a gun...

I thought the 170 yard shot with my 210 was far, 279 is a long ways with a slug. Glad I have 2 of these bad boys...I'll sight it in like a rifle, when I decide on the scope. But seriously, someone buy this before I decide to keep it for a safe queen!

Chiefbkt

• 2 weeks later...