Close stand

dmay4

So been using one of same stands for about two weeks and no other hunter activity any where's near me. I climb in today to find the stand of s guy that was supposedly kicked off property like 30 yards from mine. Apparently the land owner said he could come back as long as he behaved this time I want to cut a bunch of trees down around his stand and say he did it. Ugh

Guess it's time to go to camp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ran into this guy last eve when walking out. What a nut he destroys property that's not his hunts beyond legal times and landowner lest him back on. Gonna pull stands tomorrow and relocate leave this small plot to him and not get anywhere near. Unfortunately it's these types of clowns that ruin for rest and give this sport a bad rap. He was given two citations last year and now back at it. Would love to have dec officer happen by while he's walking out in pitch dark

Sounds like an idiot, let the DEC know he is back after you leave and he will dig his own grave.  Idiots like this get caught all the time but never seem to learn from their mistakes.  You are doing the right thing leaving this area, sometimes dealing with idiots is not worth it.  Explain to the land owner why you are leaving. 

• Like 1

Yea wouldn't really sprinkle coyote piss on his stand. Not to say sound real funny. I have multitude of other places including camp with 1500 acres state land so going there often . This is just one of those convenient place to jump on stand stones throw from house after work And yes he has permission more power to him he already has two citations from last year so I'm pretty confident there will be another one coming soon this year and liscence pulled soon so problem solved. It is just frustrating people such as this can give this sport a poor reputation. There is a 400 acre farm next door I have hunted lightly in past and now owner has removed all permission for behavior just like this. Not to mention this nut bag may be behind my house soon with a gun not just a bow

Sometimes I get trapped. Been numerous times a group has bedded under me or very close by. I'll put my flashlight right on them to see where they are if I can sneak out or not, the light doesn't bother them. If not I'll bark like a dog, seems to work, as they'll be right in the same beds the following night.

• Like 2

Sometimes I get trapped. Been numerous times a group has bedded under me or very close by. I'll put my flashlight right on them to see where they are if I can sneak out or not, the light doesn't bother them. If not I'll bark like a dog, seems to work, as they'll be right in the same beds the following night.

Yep, Ive been covered up in deer right at dusk on every evening hunt this year besides 2. The one evening we had to sit there for a half hour before the deer cleared out enough for us to sneak out.

• Like 1

Yep, Ive been covered up in deer right at dusk on every evening hunt this year besides 2. The one evening we had to sit there for a half hour before the deer cleared out enough for us to sneak out.

I get that and I've been in same situation (not as often as I'd like lol) knowing this clown pretty sure not the case and he would shoot in very dark situations then need to track beyond the 8 acre lot he has permission to hunt

I don't know a time I haven't gotten out of an afternoon hunt at very low light to absolute dark...for one thing I have a 1/2 to 3/4 mile walk home from the bottom of a hill in full gear...takes me at least 20 mins. to get to the drive... then there is the packing up before and getting caught on stand with deer all around...though I have gotten very good and descending with deer 20yrds away undetected. Don't get me going on camp... swamp grass clumps and then the 30 min heart attack hill...the one the 4 wheels cry on...

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

I have to seen this...and it's not a criticism toward you...but he has gotten exactly what I would surmise he wanted....you saw the stand and now have gotten ...lets say tweaked and moved on...Theres no need to scent the place up or do any retaliation... go get your deer somewhere else soon...before gun and when you know he's about...go sit in your stand 30yrds away  enjoy the view...maybe fill a doe tag..relax.......If he figured this would bother and move you on.... How much do you think he'll enjoy seeing you there?

• Like 1

Ya know I do this to relax and have fun if he thinks he won well then good for him maybe he will stay put decide to harvest a deer the legal way and not continue to destroy property. I really had no plans on sabotaging his stand (just thought sounded funny)this really becomes more drama than I need and I get enough of

That at work lol.

I go into woods to spend time with the kid enjoy the outdoors and if the stars align just right I bring home a little meat

• Like 1