Am I able to possess nightvision in the field ?

turkeyfeathers

I looked in deer regulations and couldn't find the answer. I have a Bushnell nightvision monocular . Obviously not nor really could use in assisting me in shooting a deer in the dark. Just curious if its legal to have with me. Would be sorta neat to identify "the bumps in the night " that make me curious to "what was that?" pre shooting hours. Please don't flame me if this is a stupid question. I have ZERO intentions of using it to assist me in actual shooting . This may be one of these call your DEC  officers and receive a bunch of different answers ?!

I looked in deer regulations and couldn't find the answer. I have a Bushnell nightvision monocular . Obviously not nor really could use in assisting me in shooting a deer in the dark. Just curious if its legal to have with me. Would be sorta neat to identify "the bumps in the night " that make me curious to "what was that?" pre shooting hours. Please don't flame me if this is a stupid question. I have ZERO intentions of using it to assist me in actual shooting . This may be one of these call your DEC  officers and receive a bunch of different answers ?!

The only restriction I have ever been able to find was about lasers  and the ability to project a dot onto the target. I know night vision is cool for predator hunting and since it isn't even an aiming mechanism for the gun or bow I would not hesitate for a minute to carry and use it.

• Like 2

I do, but at night usually just use a full moon or a spotlight. I never got a NV scope or binocs, but did have a monocular once that worked OK.

The wicked 400 is not NV or binos. It's an LED flashlight. Similar to the one I carry, but a little older in technology and higher in price.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems