New guy from Otsego County, 4F

catphish

I'll be up at Bear Swamp for opening day.  Just hoping it's not to torn up from the loggers... I hate that greasy sloppy mud that sticks to your boots and makes them weigh 10lbs each.

I've never scouted the area in Bear Swamp.  Looks like a very promising area.

The bucks are certainly chasing the does in our area.  Saw a buck yesterday morning at 7am hot on the trail of a doe and same couple later around 4pm doing the same thing.  They were running full tilt.  Tonight I saw another doe running and crashing through the brush with a buck behind her.  This was in two different locations, one state land, and one private. 

I think a friend took me canoeing in Bear Swamp. Is there a large pond/small lake with a house at one end? If that's the place, it is nice habitat.

Yep, that's the place.  My uncle hunts across the road at Honey Hill a LOT, but I like the landscape around Bear Swamp Better.  This year, I also plan on doing a little walking on Decatur, Cherry Valley, Maple Hill and R. Milton Hick to check them out since they are in the same general area.