First Post and introduction

nyazhunter

Gentlemen and Ladies,

Raised in the Orange Co.  , hunted the Catskills ( have a cabin and some property there , grandfather bought the original  acreage with a few others in 1916)  until I moved to Arizona 28 years ago. I hunt only whitetail , N.Y and the Coues in Arizona. Very different hunting in the desert , glassing is the method out here. If I can figure out how to post photos , I will add some Arizona bucks as well as some photos of Catskill deer from the 40's . Gotta chuckle at the 'postings from the stands'. Way to much technology for me. I am in the woods/desert for the solitude , no phones , no 2 way radios. As an older guy , I enjoy the quiet (excepting  the rifle fire). I only rifle hunt , I do think of taking up bow , need to free  up time for it and time has been in short supply. We have a couple of good websites for hunting out here. I connected with another Orange County guy who hunts Arizona as well on the 'CouesWhitetail' site. Small world.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...