How much work do you do .......................

fasteddie

How much work do you do on any of your bows ?

I have put in peeps , loops , sights , drop away rests , string nocks , string silencers , string vibration dampners , etc .. I try to do as much as I can and it gives me a better understanding of what makes a bow tick .

I have NEVER put a string or cable on a bow . I have always taken my bow to a shop to have that work done . I bought the Bowmaster Bow Press so I can put twists in the string (if necessary) and add string leeches , etc . .

There are allways good guys around, they just seem to be few and far between. The important thing is to know what they are doing to your bow so you know its right. I had a guy a couple of years ago put a string on my bow and he swore it was ready and wouldn't need to be tuned. Of course he was wrong and I had to paper shoot it and re-tune my rest/ knocking point, and sights. The point is, if I hadn't known better I would have taken his word. Sure I could have sighted it back in and went but the arrow flight was so god awefull I wouldn't dare take it hunting the next day. Other than that I enjoy working on bows, its all part of the hobby to me.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to do it all, including complete bow breakdowns for paint jobs. I did all cabling, and made my own strings, and anything you can imagine. Even messed around with a few inventions for accessories. Then along came the string style cable systems, and all that stuff came to a halt. It used to be with the double teardrop steel cables, you could change a string in your shop or in the field without a bow press or anything. not anymore. So other than peepsights and other accessories, the major bow work takes place in a pro-shop. And, on occasion that causes me some real problems. It's a shame because I used to love working on all my bows and nothing was too big a challenge. I suppose I still could, but now I have other things that I am into and really don't want to get all tangled up in big bow projects anymore.

Doc