11-3-15 red fox...

wooly

I've been waiting for a golden crack at a red fox for some time now but never pulled the trigger since I didn't know what the hell I'd do with one.

On 11-3-15 this dude came rolling by the stand at 8yds and I immediately knew I would come up with something.]

He was originally supposed to be turned into a fuzzy trappers hat, but insteaed got sewed into a  ML accessory pouch.

I sewed a fleece liner and stitched it in the best I could. It ain't perfect, but it 's a great reminder of the quiet encounter.

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

• Like 13

Thanks all!

Now that I got a few deer carcasses located in good areas that haven't been hit yet, I might try to ZAP a few more furry fuzzys over them.

I have a few more ideas in mind for some furbearer skins and I'm planning on putting some serious effort into predator hunting this winter.

As always..., I'll lug the camera along for any necessary follow up shots!

• Like 3

Nice job! Where did you send the fox off to be tanned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Lord no.... I don't have the cash to throw around on critter skins an skulls.

Borax (boric acid) is the poor mans duct tape when it comes to stuff like this for me.

Sure it's a little stiff when it dries, but it holds it's shape nicely that way an is still completely functional when you plan out the pivot points.

I've got a few deer hides in the works as we speak that will be turned into hand muffs and arrow quivers the same way.

I'm no taxidermist, but what I come up with usually is preserved well enough and hangs around for a few years without gettin' tossed this way.

One day I'll learn how to do things right.... but for now I won't charge anyone for my useless advice,lol...

Edited by wooly
  • Like 3

Oh Lord no.... I don't have the cash to throw around on critter skins an skulls.

Borax (boric acid) is the poor mans duct tape when it comes to stuff like this for me.

Sure it's a little stiff when it dries, but it holds it's shape nicely that way an is still completely functional when you plan out the pivot points.

I've got a few deer hides in the works as we speak that will be turned into hand muffs and arrow quivers the same way.

I'm no taxidermist, but what I come up with usually is preserved well enough and hangs around for a few years without gettin' tossed this way.

One day I'll learn how to do things right.... but for now I won't charge anyone for my useless advice,lol...

That way works perfectly fine. I don't save hides get but when I do, I plan to just salt them down. Maybe if I find a good place to send them in I'll do it.

That way works perfectly fine. I don't save hides get but when I do, I plan to just salt them down. Maybe if I find a good place to send them in I'll do it.

Moyles does a great job. Better than "we " can do as they huge tumblers and stretch and pull fur. It comes back so soft. Have sent a bunch of fur to them.