Coyote hunting Erie county

Hello all. I posted last year with no takers, but I am looking for new ground and new hunting friends. I've been after dogs for a long time and I ha e the equipment to help. Upgraded the FoxPro last year, have decoys,etc. If you have a spot you hear dogs and don't know how to go about it, pm me and lets get a plan to put some fur on the ground. I'm up for anything. I can call for you or run the lights, whatever you want ! Let's get some fawn killers in the dirt !

• Like 1

Don't think he was looking to jump into anyone's honey hole...this guy is a pretty accomplished deer hunter from what I have seen posted the last few years...he was simply looking to see if anyone wanted to team up and knock down some dogs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

First off thanks for the compliment ! But yes, I'm not looking to score anybodys deer honey hole. I am looking to give any assistance if I can to those unsure of how to go about calling in dogs. I am a self taught hunter and have invested many hours in the woods. I have started a sizeable collection of coyote gear and just want to use it ! You can't successfully call the same spot over and over. So yes, I'd love to put a fawn killer on the ground at YOUR honey hole, but I'd prefer to grow MY bucks and kill em on MY piece of dirt ! I wouldn't be doing what I do on my land ( cams,plots,cover, etc) if I wanted to poach yours. Sorry you or anyone got that impression. Edited by TreeGuy

Hello all. I posted last year with no takers, but I am looking for new ground and new hunting friends. I've been after dogs for a long time and I ha e the equipment to help. Upgraded the FoxPro last year, have decoys,etc. If you have a spot you hear dogs and don't know how to go about it, pm me and lets get a plan to put some fur on the ground. I'm up for anything. I can call for you or run the lights, whatever you want ! Let's get some fawn killers in the dirt !

Too bad you aren't near broome county or Id be PM'ing you to try and do a couple hunts together. I have a FoxPro Crossfire and all the lights and hunt predators 2-4x a week. I think the same way you do. Whether I'm the shooter or the light runner, I just like to work on my calling and have people to go with. Good luck to you, sir

• Like 2

What type of rifle setups you guys using?? Gun, scope, ammo??

For coyotes, I run a savage Model 11 22-250 with a Leupold Vari-X III 3-9x40 and for ammo I like the Hornady Superformance 50gr V-max.

If I'm targeting Fox only, I have a Marlin 22 mag. I use CCI ammo in that but can't think off hand what Grain it is. The scope I have on that is a Simmons.

• Like 1

For coyotes, I run a savage Model 11 22-250 with a Leupold Vari-X III 3-9x40 and for ammo I like the Hornady Superformance 50gr V-max.

If I'm targeting Fox only, I have a Marlin 22 mag. I use CCI ammo in that but can't think off hand what Grain it is. The scope I have on that is a Simmons.

I ran same 22 250 with bull barrel and bipod what a accurate rifle...ended up selling it against my better judgment

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by stoneam2006

Dpms ar15, 16" stainless bull barrell ( all safe act compliant) Nikon 3-14, hornady 53 grain, bog pod, foxpro shockwave w/ foxjack, streamlight 1000 lumen scan light/ red lens, streamlight 400 lumen kill light, mojo lifesize yote decoy, cabelas gobbler seat... Gosh. I'd rather not keep going since its depressing the amount of $$ I have into this !!!

• Like 2

What type of rifle setups you guys using?? Gun, scope, ammo??

Night time .22 mag semi-auto with .32 grain V-max or 12 gauge shotgun with 3"mag copper buffed 4's.

Daytime same guns or may use the .223 semi  with Barnes 36 grain Varmint grenades. Depending  on conditions and location

Scopes are 1 1/2-6x40 with a lit red dot on the .22 mag and 3-9 by 40 on the .223.

Lights are UniqueFire 802 in red. 1 for shining and one mounted on the gun for shooting. About $20.00 on Amazon.

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 1

I ran same 22 250 with bull barrel and bipod what a accurate rifle...ended up selling it against my better judgment

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I had a Remington 22-250 with a bull barrel and I sold it to buy the savage (no bull barrel) and it was the best thing I ever did. I love that gun so much.... what a tack driver

Dpms ar15, 16" stainless bull barrell ( all safe act compliant) Nikon 3-14, hornady 53 grain, bog pod, foxpro shockwave w/ foxjack, streamlight 1000 lumen scan light/ red lens, streamlight 400 lumen kill light, mojo lifesize yote decoy, cabelas gobbler seat... Gosh. I'd rather not keep going since its depressing the amount of $$ I have into this !!!

haha I hear ya. It ain't cheap and I learned the hard way that cheap equipment causes missed opportunities. For lights a run an EWT Kill Light 250 scope mounted, and Light Force Walkabout 170 for scanning. Primos trigger stick bipod, and I also run the foxjack on my crossfire.

TreeGuy Im in Lancaster and mostly hunt Clarence area and Gen county so probably a little far away from you but Im usually always game to get after some fur. I have a fusion and 223 along with 12g 870 predator super mag. Hit me up if your ever around or I travel also. I am fairly new at this game so patience is asked but so willing to learn more.

TreeGuy Im in Lancaster and mostly hunt Clarence area and Gen county so probably a little far away from you but Im usually always game to get after some fur. I have a fusion and 223 along with 12g 870 predator super mag. Hit me up if your ever around or I travel also. I am fairly new at this game so patience is asked but so willing to learn more.

I'm your neighbor...in Alden. Pm'd

• 10 months later...

Hey, I don't know if the OP is still active on here, but I just noticed this thread and saw that he hunts out of Erie County.  I do a bit of hunting in Wyoming, Livingston and Ontario Counties...though I'm always willing to drive a bit further than that to do some hunting.

OP, if you or anyone else here is looking to meet up for some coyote hunting, send me a PM.

11 minutes ago, Roofer dave said:

I can come up there I don't want the mutts just wanna learn I have a cow farm across the street I c tracks and kills back there all the time I'm in Eden 

Do you have periods and commas ?^_^

Welcome to the boards dave . I'm looking to get out this year. Never made it out once last year.