toothpick castle

NYBowhunter

My dad is getting cabin fever so he picked up an old hobby of his, making things with toothpicks and glue. Years ago he made castles, boats, lamps..all made with toothpicks. His latest creation in the works is a castle, takes alot of talent and tons of patience, God bless him, love that man!! Being a retired contractor, hes worked on everything construction wise, but this is on a much smaller, tedious scale...lol..i'll try to keep you all posted of his progress.

post-14-0-67471600-1455581494_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-99239900-1455581529_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Way back before paper book matches took over, my Dad made me a log cabin out of wooden stick matches.

Not nearly as involved as the toothpick castles, but I treasured that little cabin until something happened to it. Alas by that time my Dad didn't use stick matches anymore.

That's one way to pass the days through the long winter months. Looks like he's making some good progress and will be able to start the rest of the village by spring!

Lol, he turns a deaf ear on everybody and keeps chugging along building his castle. My mom says he works on it many hours each day. Takes her alot just to pry him away to eat..lol

That is awesome and I love seeing the older generation with passionate hobbies. I wish my father would get into something....anything quite frankly. He gets up at noon, reads the paper till 3....sits on the porch with the dogs and throws the a ball for them....Then its dinner and TV till bed everyday.....It kills me to watch and I get on him about it....He seems happy though so who am I to judge....

• 2 weeks later...