Savage 320 Pump Shotgun

13BVET

Has anyone else seen these? Walmart has them for $179, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this shotgun. It is either going to be one of these, or the Mossberg 500 in .410, for the wife. Any info would be great.

You're kidding me right?

For me there would be no choice between an American made Mossberg & a Chinese piece of crap.

I have a mossberg 500 not real happy with the action I use it for rabbit seems to over cycle and jam might just be this one or could be the operator, but it jams up about once out of every 10 shots

You should operate a pump action like you are trying to break it. The Mossberg 500 is the ONLY pump action that meets "Milspec".

• Like 1

I have a 500. However, I've read a lot about these Savages and for the money they seem like a pretty good buy. People who have actually bought them (Dicks has a pistol grip one for $220 or $230 right now) and used them pretty uniformly are happy with the purchase. They aren't crap, won't fall apart after being used a few times.

You can also buy a Maverick 88 for a similar cost (think my walmart has one for $199), which is made by Mossberg and is very close to a 500 except that it doesn't have a wood stock, has a pinned and so mainly unremovable fore-end, and instead of a tang safety has one by the trigger guard. I assume it also isn't tapped for optics. But the internals are supposed to be the same as a 500.

I'm currently trying to use my 500 for trap and have added 24 ounces of lead to it plus a new butt pad. Of the various slugs and target loads in it, the only ones that have ever failed to eject are because the person using it has not pumped forcefully enough. The reliability of the 500 is certainly beyond reproach.

Edited by Core

I have a 500. However, I've read a lot about these Savages and for the money they seem like a pretty good buy.

If you factor in the American jobs lost when one buys Chinese when an American product is just as good or better, it isn't a bargain.

People that call themselves "patriots" & then buy Chinese crap like this are hypocrites.

Same goes for Vortex scopes.

If you're going 410, how about the Rossi Circuit Judge? I don't own one but it has always seem interesting to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're pricy 5- $600 maybe more. Imported too. I think they're made in Brazil 

I'd bet that it swings like bag of $hit too. Not to mention the fact that it's butt ugly.

OP was looking for a pump anyway.

Edited by wildcat junkie

Critter have you changed ammo? Could be that and not the action? I have purchased a few Mossberg's and never had an issue...and the people I bought ones for haven't either...it's my turkey gun , their deer guns...Just a thought.

ya I have tried about every kind I can find to use its the only mossberg I have ever had a issue with I would buy another in a heart beat Its been a great rabbit gun I just never know if its a single shot or a pump though LOL like I said it could be the operator also it just seems to jam the spent shell and the loaded shell in the action I have to push the loaded one back in and the spent on falls out

I'd bet that it swings like bag of $hit too.

Not to derail the thread too much but just curious as I've always thought about getting a 410 but never have actually owned or handled one.  Would one even swing a 410?  It doesn't seem to contain enough pellets or pattern well enough to do so from videos I've seen.

Not to derail the thread too much but just curious as I've always thought about getting a 410 but never have actually owned or handled one.  Would one even swing a 410?  It doesn't seem to contain enough pellets or pattern well enough to do so from videos I've seen.

I've killed more rabbits, quail and squirrel with a .410 then all other gauges combined.....

• Like 1

I know guys who shoot 100 straight at skeet with a .410.

It's disadvantage is its light shot charge thins out quickly and limits the effective range.

However it works well on small game and birds at ranges of 15 to perhaps 30 yards. Over the years I've shot a lot more upland game at under 30 yards than over.

• Like 1