What's in your smoker tonight?

Rockspek

1/3 tenderloin from my last years buck spiral cut filet(or whatever you call it,butterfly etc)  then stuffed with smoked mozzarella and bacon,  Rolled it up.  Bacon lattice and finished up with a coffee brown sugar rub. Last pic is salmon with brown sugar and spice. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Are you sure that's tenderloin? That looks like backstraps to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

Are you sure that's tenderloin? That looks like backstraps to me

Yeah could be, I guess I don't really know.  Got it back from processor and the package said 1/3 loin.  Going back to a small conversation we had earlier I would love to learn how to do it myself because I think I would take more care in my meat than any processor does.  However I haven't begun to figure out the time involved.  Or cost of equipment.

Yeah could be, I guess I don't really know.  Got it back from processor and the package said 1/3 loin.  Going back to a small conversation we had earlier I would love to learn how to do it myself because I think I would take more care in my meat than any processor does.  However I haven't begun to figure out the time involved.  Or cost of equipment.

Time a few hours cost of equipment maybe a few hundred, If you buy a vacuum saver

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Few wings tossed in melted butter and Bearman dry rub. Will finish on broiler to crisp up with a few hot n BBQ sauces 

IMG_4076.JPG

Looks great! Why didn't you wait until tomorrow to smoke 'em and eat them while watching the Bills game?

12 minutes ago, ....rob said:

Looks great! Why didn't you wait until tomorrow to smoke 'em and eat them while watching the Bills game?

out of work at 3 today.  Work tomorrow. Bills will get "smoked " tomorrow on Monday night. Seattle 10-0 last Monday night appareances and Bills injuries. Recipe for the given 

• 2 weeks later...

Wild turkey breast from my fall bird. Marinated in oj , Italian dressing , crushed red pepper , Bearman dry rub and wrapped in bacon.  Venison steak cut in bite sized pieces , Bearman dry rub , dab of cream cheese and bacon wrapped.  Pumpkin seeds sautéed in butter and you guessed it , Bearman dry rub. 

IMG_4174.JPG

IMG_4175.JPG

• Like 1