What's in your smoker tonight?

Rockspek

I'm a day late with this . My wife's cousin came from Buffalo to stay a couple nights as I had gotten tickets fot tonight's Bills Practice in Pittsford . She purchase a Pork Loin Roast Saturday for me to Smoke Sunday  . I asked why in heck she got the roast instead of a shoulder or butt and she said it was my fault because I hadn't gone in the store with her . I prepped the meat Saturday afternoon , put it in plastic wrap and the in the fridge . I also put up a canopy on the patio as rain was forecasted for Sunday .

Got up at 5:45 Sunday and pre heated the smoker . Put the meat in at 6:30 , had some coffee , read the paper and went to church . Had breakfast with friends . Put more apple chips in the smoker and sprayed apple juice on the meat a few times the next couple hours . After 7 1/2  hours I placed the meat on tin foil and added some apple juice and wrapped it up . Back in the smoker for 3 hours and although it wasn't at 200 degrees , we  were hungry and I took it out . Let it cool for only 15 minutes . Placed it on a large platter and pulled it apart with a couple forks . Meat fell right off the bone . Had it on burger buns and it was delicious . Used a little bit of Sweet Baby Ray Sauce on it . No complaints from anyone . 

• Like 3

Gotta try me some almonds! I got a cheap colander just because of you!! Now I gotta pick up the almonds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Just sautée raw almonds which you can buy in bulk food. Throw in skillet , throw in half stick butter , stir and add dry rub. Be careful not to burn them. Low heat . Maybe 15 minutes. Throw in collindar and smoke. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Couple racks of ribs.  Going 3-2-1 method.  I haven't done ribs before so wish me luck.  I was going to wuss out and crockpot them but opted out 

I successfully cooked ribs solely in the smoker this summer for the first time ever. Usually I dry it out too much.c low and slow.  Let me know how it goes you mid week smoker. 

24 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Folks loved ribs so much last week they requested again. Sister and BIL in town from Long Island so I thought I'd smoke them all some ribs for dinner .2 racks on 2 racks . Going 3-2-1 again 

IMG_3568.JPG

IMG_3569.JPG

hope they brought some bagels. love long Island/nyc bagels. Beats the bread doughnuts they call bagels around here.  

• Like 1