So the state of Pa...

I always heard flaggers got decent pay. Not sure how true that is. Seems pretty easy, but my brain would go to mush doing that everyday.

Garbagemen pull 6 figures and your done before lunchtime each day, though again not much use of the brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We gotta get you out of the NYC area more so you have a more realistic view of what the rest of the world is like...lol

• Like 2

Oh i am not totally disagreeing with you but you also know its a fact that some folks have to take on a job...any job...at any pay to get thru the month. They would have takin the job at 2 bucks an hour less because they have to...Even though the employer could very well pay 2 bucks more an hour than offered and still have a profitable business.  Hence the rich getting richer and it puts us just where we stand today. How many Americans live under the poverty level? Heck a question like that could turn into a 30 page political shootout.

The Donald will turn things around for many soon enough. Also turn things upside down for many.

True.. but employers can't base their business on the plight of a few individuals... he has a business to run.

Oh i am not totally disagreeing with you but you also know its a fact that some folks have to take on a job...any job...at any pay to get thru the month. They would have takin the job at 2 bucks an hour less because they have to...Even though the employer could very well pay 2 bucks more an hour than offered and still have a profitable business.  Hence the rich getting richer and it puts us just where we stand today. How many Americans live under the poverty level? Heck a question like that could turn into a 30 page political shootout.

The Donald will turn things around for many soon enough. Also turn things upside down for many.

It's hard for me too sympathize sometimes... When I was first married with a kid I worked three jobs to make ends meet... I didn't blame the rich, I just shut up and did what I had to do until I found something better.

• Like 6

It's hard for me too sympathize sometimes... When I was first married with a kid I worked three jobs to make ends meet... I didn't blame the rich, I just shut up and did what I had to do until I found something better.

I have been throwing around the idea of getting a summer job to help pay for some bills maybe a new boat. Not quite the same scenario but even with household income of 100k we seem to come up short once in a while.

• Like 1

I have been throwing around the idea of getting a summer job to help pay for some bills maybe a new boat. Not quite the same scenario but even with household income of 100k we seem to come up short once in a while.

Don't feel bad, people making millions live tight. I know someone who works In HR for a healthcare company and on numerous occasions has doctors coming to HR for an advance on their salary. These are doctors making $2-3M per year and they can't budget right. I work in legal and there are Partners who are 70-80 years old still working. For what? I'm out at 59 to enjoy life.

Do I like nice things? Yes.

Do I blow money on vacations and material items? Yes.

But I still draw the line at some point. My first bill each month is my 401K, then my savings, then my mortgage and everything else. Always pay yourself first

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

There was a guy when I worked there in 2002, who was 34 years old. He had 18 years in the company because they counted a bunch of years when he worked at Grand Union. He was making in the $70's. He was not a manager of produce, just a regular FT employee. We would stack fruit and veggies together. I'm sure managers of depts made more than him. Of course store managers make much more. Not a bad gig for no education needed.

Some stores do upwards of $2MM a week, so a store manager is managing a $100MM company. They make big bucks. I wouldn't say no education needed though, they get theirs from years and years in the store.
  • Like 1

biz hate to call you out, but what do you do that is so stimulating to the brain? 

I bet that dumb garbage man has quite a bit more brain stimulation that one may think... lets face it he is the laborer, marketer, runs the books and has to balance the budget.  much harder then showing up to work for a company IMO. and not to mention he has to have at least 100K in equipment.

I will say this we are all peasants, just grinding away.  being part of the ultra wealth of the USA is 100% out of reach for anyone on this forum and anyone not born into it.  The people on top like to stir the pot and have all us poor people thinking this job gets paid too much that job is menial and they make too much, meanwhile Hillary gets paid 600k for a speech? go figure

biz hate to call you out, but what do you do that is so stimulating to the brain?

I bet that dumb garbage man has quite a bit more brain stimulation that one may think... lets face it he is the laborer, marketer, runs the books and has to balance the budget. much harder then showing up to work for a company IMO. and not to mention he has to have at least 100K in equipment.

I will say this we are all peasants, just grinding away. being part of the ultra wealth of the USA is 100% out of reach for anyone on this forum and anyone not born into it. The people on top like to stir the pot and have all us poor people thinking this job gets paid too much that job is menial and they make too much, meanwhile Hillary gets paid 600k for a speech? go figure

I work in finance in the legal industry. I wasn't talking about a garbage man who owns his company. I mean a guy who simply jumps off the truck and throws garbage into the back of a truck every morning. I don't think those guys are doing any financials or marketing for the company, and they don't own any equipment.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld