Biz-R-OWorld 2016 Season

BizCT

11/24:

Dad hunted dark - 12 and saw only 2 owls.

I hunted dark - 9am. Had turkeys roosted in several trees above me, loud as hell. At 625, I saw 1 deer sneaking thru but couldn't tell buck or doe.

We'll be back out tomorrow afternoon and all day Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11/26:

Dad and I hunted dark to dark. He only saw the below mentioned red fox.

For me, at 605am had yotes howling right near me. Sure enough 830am I see one running. I took a Hail Mary 100yd shot thru some brush but didn't find any blood. It wasn't a real big one but had a cool dark black/brown coat with a white tipped tail like a red fox has. My dad saw a red fox at 20yds but passed it up. These yotes are probably the reason why we stopped seeing as many deer.

930am I blindly bleated and caught movement immediately. Saw a deer working its way across a stream 100yds away and then away from me. It was a tall spike so I wasn't going to shoot it. I watched it for like 2-3min till I couldn't see it anymore and then I looked back where it came from and saw another deer crossing the stream. Put up the binocs and the saw what would have been my biggest NY buck. Probably 110" at the minimum. At least 8 pts. Nice brows and the G2 and G3 were nice and tall. This buck took the same route as the spike. I had him in the crosshairs at approx 110yds but there was some brush. Most people would have shot, but I didn't and kind of regret it. I thought I could call him back even if just 10-20 yards into an opening. Nothing I tried worked. He never even looked my way. Oh well. I moved closer to the stream for the afternoon hoping he would come back but never did. I'm done till Friday (might take off work). Hope my dad gets him. After talking to my dad We believe it's the nice 8pt that he saw at 55yards but too far for his xbow.

12/1: while I was at work, dad hunted dark to dark and only saw 1 red fox in the morning closeby that he passed on.

I'll be out there tomorrow dark to dark. Probably my last day hunting this year.

Biz, thought you couldn't take time off from work this time of year? Isn't that what you said about helping your dad track the deer he may have hit and he lost it?

Still a few weeks left for the late seasons Go get the deer! Giving up now would be like letting an airline tell you they are booked and you cant get to Barbados. 

Biz, thought you couldn't take time off from work this time of year? Isn't that what you said about helping your dad track the deer he may have hit and he lost it?

Still a few weeks left for the late seasons Go get the deer! Giving up now would be like letting an airline tell you they are booked and you cant get to Barbados. 

Limited to 2 days in Nov and they were used. 1 day in Dec which I used today. Not giving up, just have other things to do. May hunt Sunday 11th, but that's about it. Don't enjoy xbow much in late season and don't own or care to get into ML. Would rather go out in December and Jan with rifle for fox and yotes

• Like 1