I made a big mistake

Santamour123

What!? Hoyts can be 1200 bare bones? thats crazy... and they say Mathews are to expensive?

most mathews ive seen have a sticker price of high 7s to high 8s bare bones depending on the model...

Im pretty sure the Carbon Matrix is in the $1500 range bare. The Carbon Element is a few hundred less. You are talking about carbon fiber bows that you can run over with a truck and still use though, not a high priced single cam bow like the Mathews.

I wouldnt pay over $600 for ANY bow, Id rather go on AT and buy one with 30 shots through it for alot less, but Im a tightwad lol.

Yea - the non-carbon Hoyt bows are not 1200 - he is referring to the Carbon Element.  I shot a Darton at a show a few weeks ago and was amazed at the way it drew and shot - one of the better bows I have shot.  I also wouldn't overlook some of the lesser known companies like Elite Archery and New Breed Archery.  The next bow I buy is most likely going to be the New Breed Genetix - it retails at 719 and has an IBO rating of 343fps.  From what I have heard, it is very easy to tune as well.

Honestly there are only minor differences in a high dollar bow and a mid to lower dollar bow, its just wether or not you are willing to pay for those difference. Some cheap bows are better shooters than their counter parts IMO.

Speaking of IBO, I found it interesting that Hoyt now lists their bows with the ATA speed rating. Apparently its more realistic than IBO and their bows may well be faster than some other brands, it really doesn't matter they are all fast enough nowadays and the difference between 300 and 340fps is miniscule at 20 yards.

A guy I work with was telling me the newer Mattews prices are higher this year, I think he said they were in the $1000 range, he says he is getting one maybe. Same bow next year will be 6-700 I bet.

only a few carry that price tag but they do have the safari that is prob over 2k. i know the price tags on the website say high 900 but through the dealer they are not that much... unless i had the money and didnt mind spending tha tmuch id wait a few months and buy one for that price but setup and used...

What!? Hoyts can be 1200 bare bones? thats crazy... and they say Mathews are to expensive?

most mathews ive seen have a sticker price of high 7s to high 8s bare bones depending on the model...

Im pretty sure the Carbon Matrix is in the $1500 range bare. The Carbon Element is a few hundred less. You are talking about carbon fiber bows that you can run over with a truck and still use though, not a high priced single cam bow like the Mathews.

I wouldnt pay over $600 for ANY bow, Id rather go on AT and buy one with 30 shots through it for alot less, but Im a tightwad lol.

Wow i did not think they were THAT expensive... 1500 bare bove, carbon fiber or not that bow better talk to me and make me dinner...

you can get those high price mathews you speak of in carbon as well and single cam aside they prob shoot faster then the hoyt or equal to for a solo cam...

I know its crazy ain't it Geno, I think the price came down this year, I do know they were 1500+ last year as it was the first year they made them. I think the speed would be pretty close if you were to do side by side real world comparisons between Hoyt and Matthews and PSE, and you would most likely only see a difference of a few FPS either way.

Wow i did not think they were THAT expensive... 1500 bare bove, carbon fiber or not that bow better talk to me and make me dinner...

you can get those high price mathews you speak of in carbon as well and single cam aside they prob shoot faster then the hoyt or equal to for a solo cam...

Mathews doesnt make a carbon fiber bow. Speed isnt what Hoyt was going for in the Carbon bows, Thats what the Alpha bows are for.

I know its crazy ain't it Geno, I think the price came down this year, I do know they were 1500+ last year as it was the first year they made them. I think the speed would be pretty close if you were to do side by side real world comparisons between Hoyt and Matthews and PSE, and you would most likely only see a difference of a few FPS either way.

yeah it is crazy... i paid 1400 back in 05 for my Switchback XT fully loaded, with a release...

780 was for the bow i believe. the extras add up quick lol