Nuisance Red Squirrel

Jaeger

Got to remove a couple of red squirrels from under a home trailer.  Starting a nest in the floor insulation.

Anyone got a recommendation on what to use?

People have a dog that is running from one end of the trailer to the other at ~11Pm-3am barking because of it.

Traps -live trap or is there a small cubby/110 set?  Bait?

I need to get them out quickly. 

Thanks.

I am in favor of the rat trap. Peanut butter works great but I have had them be gentle enough to lick it off and not set the trap off. I take a peanut and score a small ring around it with a file or a knife. then wire the peanut on the trigger through that little bait holder slot. Bread ties work great. Then slather a bit of peanut butter on it. even if they get the peanut butter off, at that point their wrestling to get the peanut always trips the trap

• Like 1

5 gallon pail with 8 or 10 inches of water in it. Float bird seed on surface of water. Place a notched piece of PVC across the top and a short piece of 2x4 up to the PVC from the ground. Takes care of reds, chipmunks, mice, voles, etc.

We call that the "Bucket O'Death" over here.

• Like 1