Why all the craziness

Bowguy 1

Illegal is illegal,  if you wan't to cheat (read violate) one rule or regulation because you don't like it or find it more fun and convenient to ignore it, why not throw them all out??

Cheat, violate, poach, whatever you want to call it.  We may not like some of the rules, but they are the rule we are given.  It's black and white, poacher or responsible hunter.  You decide what you want to be and how you are viewed here.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:12 PM, Uptown Redneck said:

Simple solution...when we hunted as a group and pooled such tags  we were all together when any deer was taken from the woods so if ever questioned, and we never were, the legal owner of any used tag was present to say, if questioned, that they indeed harvested such deer. 

Am I understanding this correctly? If questioned by law enforcement, the tag owner lies by saying he pulled the trigger when he really didn't? Sorry in advance if I'm misunderstanding it.

• 2 weeks later...
On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 6:17 PM, Bowguy 1 said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but it doesn't make any of us right.

Now I'm a bow guy. There's no cross in it. A crossbow should be cross gun, it certainly more fits the description.

Lots of guys myself included are aging, we have bad shoulders, etc.

If someone is truly disabled they should be allowed to get a crossbow permit. Same for juniors or seniors. BUT to go on the offense of others who disagree w your views is ridiculous.

To say people wanna get back in it, how many have lowered the draw weight, can't see anyone that can't draw 36lbs n carry a heavy crossbow around, or shoulder it, how bout ensured they weren't over drawing? What about softer shooting bows such as Elite?

If you're for the things it's your right to fight for them, no one should bash you either but remember it is bow season n to many that doesn't only include arrows.

There are other options like allowing rifles during bow season for those afraid to cut their fingers, what about those can't track n need animal to drop in its tracks?

How bout those that medically can't be in sun, we should allow night hunting?

Lots of foreigners can't take the cold maybe a summer hunt?

We can all find excuses to suit our causes n cry discrimination when things don't suit us.

Liberals taught us that, let's not behave like them n respect each other's opinion even when we disagree

Well I Don't Care If CrossbowS Are Legal Or Not But Your Right its,Not A Bow  

Does it effectively kill game yes should it be legal why not should it be used in the same exact season as bows are NO !! 

42 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Forgot who sang it, but like the song says, "that's what friends are for..."

OK, so everyone has a line they won't cross, I've been known to press too much on the accelerator pedal from time to time.

Just curious though, as far as hunting regulations go, where do you draw the line?

8 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Giving some quick thought I would say baiting, carrying loaded rifle in truck, shooting across road/to close to other's house, spotlighting

Aw heck, just do what you want. Nobody in your neighborhood will drop a dime on ya, right?

• Like 1

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Larry302 said:

As far as bow and gun in the same woods at the same time that would be harder, but I do get relaxed deer under my stands in gun season .

Two friends hunt a horse farm near me , the owners don't allow guns anytime, they do really well with their bows in gun season, sorounded by neighbors all gun hunting .

unless you live in a bow only zone people are shooting guns at small game all the time during bow season  just not at deer . 

On Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 6:59 PM, Bowguy 1 said:
On Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 1:35 PM, Tacti_Steve said:

I'm not going to try and catch up on this thread. Just going to comment on the OP. I say hunt with whatever you want all season long. I don't see why bow hunters get extra time. The goal is meat and conservation. There's a total number of Deer we want dead. Open the season give out the right amount of tags and let everyone loose. Air, bow, cross, dog, drone, muzzle, rifle, shot whatever floats your boat just be safe.

So you're suggesting one big general season? Doesn't it sound like everyone would just use a rifle than?

Yes Give me a break then everyone  would use  only a  rifle .

Archery gets longer season because they don't have the same impact on the deer population as guns do .

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 1:06 AM, Bowguy 1 said:

You do understand bow season wasn't set up as a primary way to big a big part of the harvest? It was set up as a time for guys looking to challenge themselves. This all has changed obviously. My state has now had over 50% harvest during the bow seasons. Mixing all the seasons together though is nuts. Trying to bowhunt would be only shooting them as they ran from a gun hunter as opposed to hunting them under natural conditions.

Seems you prob just gun hunt?

I bow hunt because it's a challenge I all so during gun season  like to spot and stalk deer for the same reason even tho blinds and stands make it much easier.

If you just want fresh  meat it's much easier to just shoot a cow   or get it at the supermarket don't you think .