Puppies..............

Lawdwaz

I keep saying that when we no longer have Jenny (our Lab) we won't get another dog.  It's been almost 30 years straight with my dogs and I don't know if I have the patients in me for training another and all the other things that go with dog ownership.

Then tonight I'm out front with Jenny and she is doing her business one last time for the evening.  It was dark and Jenny was standing right out by the road, staring at a shadowy figure on the other sidewalk.  I could see what looked to be a small dog, maybe a puppy.  It was white-ish colored and had an arrow straight tail.  The handler and dog were staring back at Jenny........I spoke loudly, "hello, is that a lab puppy?"  the person across the street said "no, a golden retriever puppy".  I said "come on over!!"

Almost 13 year old Jenny played with 9 week old "River" for 15  minutes!  The lady walking the pup was real nice.  I asked if she'd mind if I grabbed my wife from inside to come out and see the new pooch, she of course had no problem with that.

My wife is (was) dead set against another dog but that may have changed tonight!  What a beautiful looking dog, real light colored, BIG paws, great head and tail.  The two dogs were great together. 

We look forward to seeing River again. :)

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 8