Maintaining land?

crfingnutz

Last week I asked about paying for land thank you to all that replied. My new question is how to prevent it from getting overgrown when I will only be there 1 weekend a month outside of hunting season? I would only be keeping a 1 acre area around the camp low cut.

If you have any of the land that is tillable, canvass the area for any farmers that may be interested in leasing the acreage that is suitable for farming. You might even pick up money to help pay the taxes. Cropland is also good for the critters.

• Like 1

Cutting it one week end a month would be fine.

This year is rare I know , but I just cut my shooting range for the first time, and honestly I could have shot without cutting it first . Most years I just cut it 2x, a yard sure a few more times .

Drove in a lane way 900 feet in my Buick, the lane has not been cut once this year.

Are you talking just lawn area or wood lot fields? Ppl forget wood lots, trails need maintanace. Cutting out limbs and trees that may obstruct travel ,bending down in heavy snows,invasive removal thinning to improve mast tree canopies.It doesn't take long for a wood lot to get away from you.