new to trail cams... have some questions

So, I just picked up a Bushnell Essential E2 camera. I'm trying to figure out the best / easiest way to view pics while at my cabin in the woods... won't have a computer or laptop there. My son-in-law gave me an SDHC micro card with adapter that would apparently fit into my wife's digital camera. Is that ok to use? The second option would be to take an iPad with SD adapter and view the pics on it. Wouldn't that be a better option? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Many use a laptop , some use a portable viewer , they are making readers that plug into a I- phone or smartphone. I just got one for like 12 bucks on amazon. 

Its hard to be a computer if your asking me ....

So, I just picked up a Bushnell Essential E2 camera. I'm trying to figure out the best / easiest way to view pics while at my cabin in the woods... won't have a computer or laptop there. My son-in-law gave me an SDHC micro card with adapter that would apparently fit into my wife's digital camera. Is that ok to use? The second option would be to take an iPad with SD adapter and view the pics on it. Wouldn't that be a better option? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Talk to phade hes the trailcam expert!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Normally I use an adapter that plugs into my phone ,over the weekend deal I opted to bring the laptop because I new the cards had alot of garbage on them not related to huntin g and I needed to clear all that off and put them back in clean.

Normally I use an adapter that plugs into my phone ,over the weekend deal I opted to bring the laptop because I new the cards had alot of garbage on them not related to huntin g and I needed to clear all that off and put them back in clean.

You can format the cards with the trail camera

Not much beats a laptop/computer or similar.

The phone options are nice - the ones with phone specific connections. It's great for pics on only a few cams. If you are going through thousands of pics...it's money wasted. Vids? Same thing.

Tablets are a little better, but equally laborious sometimes. Wouldn't want to go through a thousand pics on that unless I had some spare time and nothing to do.

Having the bigger viewing screen is pretty paramount. The small 3 and 4" screens don't cut it.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1