1st shot daily pics

stoneam2006

2730f40ec580130cc8dfbc3c518ec392.jpg
Ok first shot today at 25 yards low and left....something deff not right since I was concentrating on form and remembered to remove my verifier for my peep sight from my 3d rig and place it in my hunting bows peep.....
cd33299729d0471cd262e64a607b0560.jpg
So I get to thinking and remember I set my hunting pins at 15, 25, 35.....not 25,35,45. That's why I was low at 25 yesterday and low again today. So I took a second shot at 25 with the correct pin and drilled my spot!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

And that's why I use 1 pin, good shooting tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just haven't made the switch to a single pin yet due to having most of my time occupied by two little ones at home.....that bow is set and dead nut at 15,25,35 and one last thing I have to worry about tweaking.

As for a single pin do you shoot a fixed pin, pendulum or slider?

Just haven't made the switch to a single pin yet due to having most of my time occupied by two little ones at home.....that bow is set and dead nut at 15,25,35 and one last thing I have to worry about tweaking.

As for a single pin do you shoot a fixed pin, pendulum or slider?

That's actually the main reason I switched to a single pin. When I was single and shot out 2 strings a year on a bow I had 7 or 8 pins and never had to think about it. Now that life has happened and while shooting in often thinking about the next job or the next VA appointment... Now I just slide the pin for the range in shooting and let her rip. But in the woods it's set for 0-35 and doesn't get moved.

I shoot an HHA slider unless something completely crazy comes out I will shoot them until I can't pull a bow, I have an HHA On my Xbow as well.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:49 PM, stoneam2006 said:

Damn lol.....my neighbor was telling me once when he was out hunting he was drawing on any deer that came in range even if he wasn't going to shoot it just to practice. He's a qdma guy and a 5 point walked in so he stood up and drew on it. Next thing he knew he shot it right thru the heart deer ran 15 yards and died. Said that he must have just felt everything come together and naturally hit the button. I guess when it feels right and you practice enough it just becomes nature....said it was his best shot ever on a deer

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I do the same as long as I have a tag for it.  I keep my finger behind the trigger though for that reason.  it's only to practice when to draw without getting busted.  big part of bowhunting.

• Like 1

I do the same as long as I have a tag for it.  I keep my finger behind the trigger though for that reason.  it's only to practice when to draw without getting busted.  big part of bowhunting.

Yea I'm going to start this year altho I shoot almost anything I have a tag for as I hunt for meat but going to let little ones walk this year I hope...

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:18 PM, stoneam2006 said:

You guys who shoot longer ranges 50+ how do you know your hold8ng center seems my pin blocks quite a bit of my target. My groups 0 to 40 good but 50 and 60 suffer so far...seems as the pin coving to much is causing me to not hold same spot

all my pins on bows that are setup right now whether they're fixed or a single pin are 0.010" and when I'm about to release the pin is blurred a little and the spot on the target is in focus.  by then you're just centering the floating blurred pin were you're aiming.

• Like 1

Stone I beleive your young enough to still have fairly good eyesight....try a smaller pin .010 like dbhunter said and add a verifier to your peep. This will clear up the pin from starbrusting and hopefully allow you eyes to see the center shot of a target or animal.

• Like 1

not to detract from the thread... adjustable brightness cover on HHA's work awesome for smaller pins to make the brighteness just enough.  wrapped fiber is a must.  a pin light is needed too if you hunt a lot out of ground blinds mostly closed up.  if you don't have the HHA setup black electrical tape partially over a visible clear housing of the wrapped fiber works good.  peel it back away during last or first light.  I like my small pins though.

• Like 1

Thanks guys may look into it but plan on trying lollipop for the time being as the bow is shooting so good at my hunting ranges. I will be looking into smaller pins for sure....what is a verifier for peep

I have great eyes but for what ever reason I can't seem to focus on small pins. I use .029 and can shoot respectable groups at 100yds using the lollipop method.

• Like 1

I can't say that the juice would be worth the squeeze on this idea. I understand the "practice" aspect but the deer I want to kill never comes out first he's the one sitting 5yds in and watching me draw therefor changing his plans for the night.

8 or 9 years ago when I was in the service hunting camp Lejeune I had hunted a monster 6pt for 3 months and never got a shot, the week before Xmas I had given up on him a basket 6 that I had let go 20x before walked under me I drew on him and just as I did I heard the unmistakable snotty "blow" of a mature buck looked up and there was my big 6 at 20yds broadside locked on to me when I was trying to shoot the dink. I learned a lot that day.

• Like 1

I have great eyes but for what ever reason I can't seem to focus on small pins. I use .029 and can shoot respectable groups at 100yds using the lollipop method.

I have good vision also hoping lollipop works otherwise new pin it is...do you lollipop your hunting yardage too?

Are 2 pics a day allowed on here?

2nd and last shot of the day 57yds.

9c16140bcef6c07c313079e30d364524.jpg1b9cf1a30e58dc9bae2369f06334f2c7.jpg

Hey for all I care this can be groups of shots , multi shots a day and just general chit chat about archery and practicing. The more we all see and talk about what we all do differently maybe we can all learn something.

• Like 1