1st shot daily pics

stoneam2006

I love shooting trad, but the compound can still be a blast.  Shot a few groups at 40yds and they were about the same (probably better) as my good groups at 20 with the recurve and I rarely shoot the compound vs 4-5 times per week with the recurve.  If the only goal is to kill deer, I need my head examined as to why I like hunting with the recurve.  But I guess it's not the only goal.   I wish I had 60yds out my back door to shoot the compound.  

• Like 2

First two shots in about 8 weeks been a crazy summer at work e72c7ee3eb0a59c66bd1417851a01be1_thumb.jpg. And that's with broadheads not field points...... I'm a firm believer in practice how you hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You only shoot with broad heads? You must go through targets pretty quickly.

• Like 3

I have no pics yet to post in this thread, gimme a week or so.

My first boo-boo with shooting a bow ( 20+ years ago ) was after three weeks of getting groups that touched with field points, swapping out the points with broad-heads and trying to keep that group. I could see my grouping was still on par. But, after walking to my target I realized I had cut the fletching on one side or another off all 6 arrows. It sucked! I had to take the arrows in and have them re-fletched. I never did that again. 1 bladed head to one spot on the target. 

• Like 2

You only shoot with broad heads? You must go through targets pretty quickly.

After July yea.... From January through June I will use field points

I agree with practicing like you hunt but if your broad heads and field points fly and impact the same "as they should" what are you gaining?

Fixed blade broadheads and field points are not going to fly exactly the same you can tune the bow and her it close but it's not the same

Fixed blade broadheads and field points are not going to fly exactly the same you can tune the bow and her it close but it's not the same

After reading this I went down and grabbed a muzzy MX3 of my bench "not what I shoot I shoot slick tricks but I had an mx3 practice head on my bench" screwed it on went outside shot a field point aimed at the arrow and shot the mx3. My fletch are not indexed with these because I shoot a different head and these are 3 blade and ST's are 4. This group was at 32 yards. I'm glad it wasn't a slick trick because I would have been out a 10$ arrow. Not trying to argue or start a fight but it is absolutely possible to make a bow shoot fixed blade broadheads shoot with field points. It's a long ways from easy and takes a ton of time.2a547800a9f7fc222fd598ac18de4441.jpgc8301f6c7b1f2a2c86f3d15fbc328fb3.jpg9e1bcb763482a0da5358cc0793874490.jpgbc2fe37e979a939aa7439cce23935abc.jpg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

.......Not trying to argue or start a fight but it is absolutely possible to make a bow shoot fixed blade broadheads shoot with field points. It's a long ways from easy and takes a ton of time......

I agree.

21 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

80 yds is a poke with my hunting setup especially with my huge drilled out peep. 80 is about as far as I can hold a decent group 8-10" is about my avg groups at that distance.

I would try it all day long with my Pure with the single pin HHA but my hunting rig is only set up for 40 yards max ,the last 40 would be all guess work.

I would try it all day long with my Pure with the single pin HHA but my hunting rig is only set up for 40 yards max ,the last 40 would be all guess work.

That's what I shoot. But mine has a .029 pin and I use a peep that I drilled the hole out on so its far from a super accurate setup but works great for hunting.