NYS Conservation Council Positions updated

bpb

I've never seen such a solid stance on something so non-threatening in my life.

You must not understand what "principle" means.

If they wanted to put muzzleloaders into bowseason, would you object?

I'm sure most would...because they are not archery equipment, don't belong in bowseason, etc.

Same principle...different dividing line.  Not difficult to comprehend.

yes i would object to muzzle loaders being put into bow season, yes a weapon which propells a 300 grain "BULLET" at 2000 fps, uses "GUNPOWDER" and makes a "BIG BANG". excuse me for talking to you like a 4 year old but i'm just trying to point out the differences that make a "DIFFERENCE" between a crossbow and a muzzleloader  to someone who thinks like a 4 year old.

oh and i will save you the trouble of having to type your next response, hear...."WELL we already have small game hunters shooting shotguns during bow season :'( :'( , waaa, waaa, waaa!

you guy's like Doc and Spiker have all gotten so lame and weak with your predictable arguments to why we shouldnt have crossbows in bow seaon that it has become pathetic.  :)

yes i would object to muzzle loaders being put into bow season, yes a weapon which propells a 300 grain "BULLET" at 2000 fps, uses "GUNPOWDER" and makes a "BIG BANG". excuse me for talking to you like a 4 year old but i'm just trying to point out the differences that make a "DIFFERENCE" between a crossbow and a muzzleloader  to someone who thinks like a 4 year old.

oh and i will save you the trouble of having to type your next response, hear...."WELL we already have small game hunters shooting shotguns during bow season :'( :'( , waaa, waaa, waaa!

you guy's like Doc and Spiker have all gotten so lame and weak with your predictable arguments to why we shouldnt have crossbows in bow seaon that it has become pathetic.  ;)

While you are good at hurling insults, its obvious that you must not be too bright.

You are proving my point.

You are willing to exclude MZ because it is different enough, in your mind, that it should not be allowed in bowseason.

That's fine....I agree.

But, if we simply extend that logic.......It should be obvious that people who oppose crossbows feel that THEY are different enough from bowsw to warrant exclusion.

Its pretty simple, if you pull your head out of your rear long enought to think about it.

you guy's like Doc and Spiker have all gotten so lame and weak with your predictable arguments to why we shouldnt have crossbows in bow seaon that it has become pathetic.  ;)

While you are good at hurling insults, its obvious that you must not be too bright.

You are proving my point.

You are willing to exclude MZ because it is different enough, in your mind, that it should not be allowed in bowseason.

That's fine....I agree.

But, if we simply extend that logic.......It should be obvious that people who oppose crossbows feel that THEY are different enough from bowsw to warrant exclusion.

Its pretty simple, if you pull your head out of your rear long enought to think about it.

yea but your the one comparing crossbows to muzzle loaders, rifles and ICBMs etc. etc. your comparisons are ridiculous with huge gaps between the actual facts, when the truth is crossbows are archery equipment and are very similar to vert bows and thats why most states and every state that surrounds NY have already included them in thier "BOW SEASONs". but i guess all the folks in all those states are just poopy heads, oh damn there i go talking to you like a 4 year old again.

yea but your the one comparing crossbows to muzzle loaders, rifles and ICBMs etc. etc. your comparisons are ridiculous with huge gaps between the actual facts, when the truth is crossbows are archery equipment and are very similar to vert bows and thats why most states and every state that surrounds NY have already included them in thier "BOW SEASONs". but i guess all the folks in all those states are just poopy heads, oh damn there i go talking to you like a 4 year old again.

No, crossbow pusher, I am not comparing crossbows to anything.

I am showing that you have a principle that you would not want violated....MZ in bow season is unacceptable to you.

Similarly, crossbows in bowseason are unacceptable to ME.  That does not mean I compare crossbows to MZ....it means I find crossbows as unacceptable in a bow season.

You say crossbows are similar to compounds....I disagree.  The process used to shoot a cossbow is far more similar to a gun than a bow.

And just because states add them does not mean they believe them to be bows....most still maintain entirely definitions for bows and crossbows.  It means they have allowed them to be included in the special season...no more and no less.