Stone 2016 trapping journal

stoneam2006

A bunch of steel you got there. What primary foothold traps are you using for canines?

I have a bunch of 1 3/4 Victors that I need to add new springs to . I won't four coil, thinking music wire   Thoughts? I bought my license again this year in hopes of actually getting some in the ground this year. Hunting season makes it tough to do both though.

Look forward to your catch photos again this year.

A bunch of steel you got there. What primary foothold traps are you using for canines?

I have a bunch of 1 3/4 Victors that I need to add new springs to . I won't four coil, thinking music wire   Thoughts? I bought my license again this year in hopes of actually getting some in the ground this year. Hunting season makes it tough to do both though.

Look forward to your catch photos again this year.

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20160910%2Fa6ec165c72f53a13b79f3a0d971f6e9e.jpg&key=bb927f3ecccdb572523fe638efaa57369019789f45b18fd6cc6d06d6b0ae6571imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20160910%2Fdf6d994db096abf622f67973832e610a.jpg&key=2cae600e437c95aabf7189e09dced05fda35055bfddd8de81a3baae26a20097c

Well got traps boiled and waxed today....come on October 25....hope to catch a fisher this year have all of 5 days lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think it's called number 2 piano wire is what most use say it works great.I use mostly bridger 2 dogless offset for yote but did get some new Square jaw dukes number 2 offset for this year to try...1.75 bridger and dukes for fox and coon 1.5 coon strictly

• Like 1

I'm thinking of taking the course and getting my license next year to try and lesson the coyote population. I'll be taking notes this year from this thread. Goodluck!

I'll tell ya I love trapping more than deer hunting just hard to do both as most landowners I trap for want me to wait till after deer season which is fine bc I deer hunt too

I'll b primarily trapping on my own property unless I get addicted then who knows where else.

One advice I have if your gonna do it is do it right I learned the hard way to go to super stakes and stout traps....don't need to buy mb traps but get nice mid range traps the new duke square jaw number 2 offset 4 coil are great for the money. Also bridger dogless number 2...had to many losses with undersized traps and weak stakes

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
How have the first few days been ? Any luck on the fishers ? 

Buddy and his son are currently getting mentored by a guy in Watkins Glen. Guy caught 2000 muskrats , 200 fox and 200 coyotes last year. Friend sent barn pics covered with fur from last 5 seasons. 

Not goodsmall so far only a handful of sets out but empty so far. I was hoping cold got them moving... will be pulled sunday till after deer season so maybe I'll get lucky..learning alot tho lot of different ways to target fisher

I wish your buddy and his son luck sounds like they have a heck of a mentor

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2016 at 1:57 PM, stoneam2006 said:

I think it's called number 2 piano wire is what most use say it works great.I use mostly bridger 2 dogless offset for yote but did get some new Square jaw dukes number 2 offset for this year to try...1.75 bridger and dukes for fox and coon 1.5 coon strictly

Can't beat them bridgers #2dogless 

Hell of a yote trap

• Like 1