Which state forest do you think has the least hunting pressure in the state

LJC

19 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Unpressured public land is a unicorn.  You find it, you keep it to yourself.  Once other people catch on, it'll no longer be  "the least pressured" spot very quickly so you'll end up having to find a new area.  So in a way, asking someone for the "least pressured" spot is like asking them where their honey hole is at.

Don't  really need to no exact spot just zone really like if I go to finger lakes region  opening day is it crazy up there with hunters like in parts of southern zone  for example.  I should have wrote in zone maybe or county in general 

Edited by LJC

On 9/12/2016 at 8:40 PM, LJC said:

You know been to every place that you can hunt in southern  zone except sterling forest .  Going to check that one out maybe later in the week 

You have been to every state or public land you can hunt in the 'southern zone'? What do you classify as the "southern zone"?

I was re-reading this for giggles and this stood out this time. IF, you have been to all of them, then you would know what areas get more pressure and the ones that don't. 

• Like 2

Not really  because unless you go on opening day or days your not really going to no and the weekends 

Go during the week they all look empty 

Iv been to pretty much everything from 3J and south of that except for long Island .

Edited by LJC

1 hour ago, LJC said:

Well I No A Guy who  Died falling  Using A Stand This Guy Been Hunting for over 30 years . And that's why I don't bother with them anymore  I have taken and no plenty of people who have taken plenty of deer even big bucks from the ground .

Obviously it not as easy but I would rather not be dead or mess up taking a chance with a stand something I use to do when I was younger.  I gave up on them . Btw hanging  from a harness probably is not going to feel to great  either 

Edited by LJC

•  
1 hour ago, LJC said:

Well I No A Guy who  Died falling  Using A Stand This Guy Been Hunting for over 30 years . And that's why I don't bother with them anymore  I have taken and no plenty of people who have taken plenty of deer even big bucks from the ground .

Obviously it not as easy but I would rather not be dead or mess up taking a chance with a stand something I use to do when I was younger.  I gave up on them . Btw hanging  from a harness probably is not going to feel to great  either . 

Yea should have been more specific I guess 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dude, you can't even keep your threads straight. 

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, ....rob said:

You have been to every state or public land you can hunt in the 'southern zone'? What do you classify as the "southern zone"?

I was re-reading this for giggles and this stood out this time. IF, you have been to all of them, then you would know what areas get more pressure and the ones that don't. 

What zone number  you hunt in  or is that secret to lol  

I hunt where I hunt. Been doing it long enough to not have to ask other people where to hunt. Have private land, and some nice public land that people like you will never find.

You said you have all this money, so just hire a guide.

Oh, hey! Did you hear? Trumps son bagged a huge saber tooth tiger in 5A.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ....rob said:

I hunt where I hunt. Been doing it long enough to not have to ask other people where to hunt. Have private land, and some nice public land that people like you will never find.

5A no better then places I know already :) 

But thanks anyway 

11 hours ago, ....rob said:

5A no better then places I know already :) 

But thanks anyway 

15 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

did you look at the interactive map I linked here?

Yea i have used that before  but the maps don't tell you if lots of people go there during deer season . Iv been to plenty of places that look empty then you go back during  deer season and theRe  full of hunters.  You never no uless you go during the season or someone tells you if the place gets real busy during the season not a big deal if you going  places close to you  but it's annoying when you start driving  over 100 miles away  to find the place that you thought was less hunted is just as bad or worse then the places 15 minutes from your home if you no what I mean 

4 hours ago, LJC said:

Yea i have used that before  but the maps don't tell you if lots of people go there during deer season . Iv been to plenty of places that look empty then you go back during  deer season and theRe  full of hunters.  You never no uless you go during the season or someone tells you if the place gets real busy during the season not a big deal if you going  places close to you  but it's annoying when you start driving  over 100 miles away  to find the place that you thought was less hunted is just as bad or worse then the places 15 minutes from your home if you no what I mean 

check out the state forests in 7R. I hunt private near them and after Thanksgiving weekend they are ghost towns. 

• Like 1

Also, what one person thinks is pressure might not be that bad to another. I hunted a spot in 4B last year that on the days I was there I never seen another vehicle. Mainly during the week, weekends I spent in the NZ for the most part.

If it's 500+ acres and I see 4 or 5 vehicles, that's not bad. When it's 200 acres in a suburban area, and there are vehicles parked all over the place and people walking in from homes to hunt, that's pressure.

You never know how public land will be unless you put boots on the ground in it. 

Hunted around 7m before that's pretty empty to thanks  

Even farther west near pa border has to be pretty vacant too  I'm thinking 

Ok so I'm gunna stop being a prick! Do you only gun hunt or do you bow hunt as well. I have a few bow spots I can give you that really fit the bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Ok so I'm gunna stop being a prick! Do you only gun hunt or do you bow hunt as well. I have a few bow spots I can give you that really fit the bill

Both but more bow lattly 

1 hour ago, ....rob said:

Also, what one person thinks is pressure might not be that bad to another. I hunted a spot in 4B last year that on the days I was there I never seen another vehicle. Mainly during the week, weekends I spent in the NZ for the most part.

If it's 500+ acres and I see 4 or 5 vehicles, that's not bad. When it's 200 acres in a suburban area, and there are vehicles parked all over the place and people walking in from homes to hunt, that's pressure.

You never know how public land will be unless you put boots on the ground in it. 

Yea I no so true found this  one spot one year  beautiful fields rolling hills nice trail network   nobody around when  i went  to scout in pre season opening week  line out the parking area could not even park lol   

Here is a tip, take it or leave it. From my experience with public lands that hold a lot of deer, the hunting pressure decreases the farther away from the road you trek. I have found that doing a lot of winter scouting in the off season helps too. You can find out where others are hunting, and seek out a good place 2 miles off the road that maybe is a little hard to get to but looks really good. Once hunting pressure starts, the deer head deeper into the woods to avoid hunters, so it can work out in your favor.

Good luck.

There's tons of state land around with little to no pressure in my area. I know of several areas that most likely didn't have a single hunter cross through once all season. There's so many tracts of state land in this state that it's impossible to not to find someplace that has little traffic

• Like 1