A Welcome Smack in the Face for Conservative Values

17 hours ago, Rattler said:

Besides, thousands of people are moving from high tax liberal states to low tax free states like NC every year.  That will more than offset the couple of dollars the NCAA brings them once a year.

And all those people from "liberal" states will be bringing their 'Liberal" views with them further diluting the warped conservative principals still found in states like NC.  

1 hour ago, Uptown Redneck said:

And all those people from "liberal" states will be bringing their 'Liberal" views with them further diluting the warped conservative principals still found in states like NC.  

Why would the Liberals leave their home state to go to NC ? They would lose their Welfare Benefits ! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Or allow those liberal states to become more conservative and vote out the liberal offcials! See glass half full :good:you should try it some time.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Why would the Liberals leave their home state to go to NC ? They would lose their Welfare Benefits ! 

Just did a quick search.  NC and the south as a whole is way more dependent on government welfare compared to northern states.  Seems like the south is the place to be if you want to get that money:russian:

• Like 1

My Sister in Law is a very well off liberal that moved to Pennsylvania years ago and now North Carolina. She votes Democrat where ever she goes. I believe she is like many and the reason why states like PA, VA and NC have turned democrat.

I wish liberals would just stay put and drowned in their failed ideology.
  • Like 2

We were talking about the NCAA and whether it's tantrum would affect NC, weren't we.  Try to focus.

Anyway, the liberals moving to free states are trying to turn their new states into bastions of liberalism, just like they fugged up the northern states.  But it's a long row to hoe.  Besides, sooner or later the states they fled to, will be as bad as the ones they fled from.  If that doesn't prove political immaturity and mental illness, nothing does.

• Like 1

This whole bathroom thing is ridiculous and even democrats know that. It is once again a tiny percentage of people promoting a silly philosophy and then crying a status of victim hood if they don't get their way. Most are too afraid to publicly decry it as the pointless distraction it truly is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Uptown Redneck said:

I agree. But it is so enjoyable to watch the damage and fallout brought about when conservative principles are ridiculed and trashed by the public  

I enjoy watching progressive ones ridiculed and trashed by the public. It's not like that law happened in a vacuum. This stuff with bathrooms is not an end point. LGBT got the right to marry and then realized hmm now what? We can't be discriminated against in employment, in marriage. Now let's start focusing on things that affect 1/300 people (that is the percentage of people who identify as trans), ignore the fact that in many (most?) cases trans crosses over into the realm of mental disorder (DSM V, the definitive guide on these put out by the american psychiatric association), and just keep turning rocks over and over because we have nothing better to do.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

See, liberals and conservatives can work in bipartisanship , we both enjoy seeing the other side's failure, fortunately for me however the latest failures have all been conservative lead initiatives  

I think both sides are equally inept when it comes to leadership. The snake is rotten from the head  right now. The country would be better with the entirety of congress being forced into retirement with a special council put in place merely to handle any emergencies such as war or natural disaster. Then start anew with a fresh group that are not systemically corrupt, both legally and morally. SCOTUS should probably also be reset, kick the lot of them out; they rule down party lines enough to show they are failing at their assignment.

• Like 3

I think both sides are equally inept when it comes to leadership. The snake is rotten from the head  right now. The country would be better with the entirety of congress being forced into retirement with a special council put in place merely to handle any emergencies such as war or natural disaster. Then start anew with a fresh group that are not systemically corrupt, both legally and morally. SCOTUS should probably also be reset, kick the lot of them out; they rule down party lines enough to show they are failing at their assignment.

Sounds like a proponent for term limits.

I am beginning to agree with limits on the judges, at all levels though not just Supreme Court. They're political bias has had too much of a negative impact on our country

2 hours ago, pt0217 said:

Sounds like a proponent for term limits.

I am beginning to agree with limits on the judges, at all levels though not just Supreme Court. They're political bias has had too much of a negative impact on our country

I guess, but term limits are kind of a bandaid on a problem, too. The level of corruption is crazy. This is a country led by the rich, for the rich. That is an opinion borne out of actual fact and study. The bulk of people in congress are extremely rich. There was also this study out of Princeton a couple years ago shining light to it:

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27074746

Everything is a revolving door pat-on-the-back in DC. Remember the guy who ran homeland security touting body scanners by a company he had an interest in? That's just one example of so many. Yet nobody seems to really care.

And when you have a president endorsing somebody and then two people given posts by that president as head of the DOJ and head of the FBI investigating that person he endorsed for a crime and they conclude that although this person won't be charged, others who do the same thing may be (that's what Comey said), what do we have? It's not justice. It's all a total farce.

Each election I say okay that was so ridiculous I will ignore politics, but I can't. It's just not in my blood to ignore it. And I hope clinton loses this election but not because Trump is good. A country not so sick to the core should never have had these two people nominated. It should never have gotten to this point. Now on November 9 half the country is going to be despondent. So divided, it will get worse.