replacing peep site rubber tube

f3cbboy

Hi - Can i get this rubber at any outdoor store that deals with archery and just cut a piece to replace the existing one with a new one?

Do I need to take anything in particular for consideration?  I'm thinking that all i have to do is get a piece of tubing very close to the size (length) that is there and just change it out.  Am I missing anything?  Thanks

When I used one of those , I had to go to a small bow shop to buy one as the Big Box stores didn't carry the tubing . They sell it by the foot and you can expect to get ripped off for cost . I got rid of mine as I could hear the tube noise when I shot and you can expect the tubing to break at the worst time . Just an opinion . 

• Like 1

thanks everyone for the replies.  I will wait and switch to a peep that does not require a tube.

It's a different peep site, you don't use the same one correct? or as the above said you just get the original tube site adjusted by the shop

What I do is go to Walmart and buy for $5 the Allen peep tube kit. Just use the tube from that.

I have tried silicone tubing specially sold for this purpose on Amazon and I have to say it is absolute crap. Stick with the standard stuff all the kits come with (latex?).

There is no reason you can't use the same peep without a tube really although they cannot be served in quite as well.

Most people say to not use peep tubes but they do a damn fine job even if there is some risk of it snagging or snapping. Maybe one day I finally make the switch but I keep going back to one. Also pete shepley the founder of PSE bows still recommends them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I do is go to Walmart and buy for $5 the Allen peep tube kit. Just use the tube from that.

I have tried silicone tubing specially sold for this purpose on Amazon and I have to say it is absolute crap. Stick with the standard stuff all the kits come with (latex?).

There is no reason you can't use the same peep without a tube really although they cannot be served in quite as well.

Most people say to not use peep tubes but they do a damn fine job even if there is some risk of it snagging or snapping. Maybe one day I finally make the switch but I keep going back to one. Also pete shepley the founder of PSE bows still recommends them imageproxy.php?img=%3C___base_url___%3E%2Fuploads%2Femoticons%2Fdefault_smile3.gif&key=3b11826f64db4d5ffccba5118621cbf87974dcbfba182dc5d26442fb718af0a1

I went from a tube peep to an alum peep, a lot more work to get it right, but I enjoy it a lot more than my tube one.

To each their own I guess.