Days gone by

Jmp209

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:39 AM, peepsight said:

My first compound was the Bear Whitetail Hunter ..... really liked that bow at the time and was successful with it. Not sure what happened to it.

I always wonder why I spent all that money buying all those other bows that I have hanging on the wall. I can't say that any of those purchases ever got me any more deer than that lumbering old clunky Whitetail Hunter. I got into NFAA tournament shooting, and of course you can't shoot tournament without all the latest stuff .... right? .....lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a real dilly from the past, the old Weaver Qwik Point  Sight, was not a pretty sight (pun Intended) when mounted on slug gun and fired a few times. Back in my scope mounting days job if I had a dollar for every one I had to box and send back to Weaver for repair I think I could have purchased a pretty nice rifle.

WeaverQuikPoint870_zps4sxhqigp.jpg

Edited by airedale

52 minutes ago, airedale said:

Here is a real dilly from the past, the old Weaver Qwik Point  Sight, was not a pretty sight (pun Intended) when mounted on slug gun and fired a few times. Back in my scope mounting days job if I had a dollar for every one I had to box and send back to Weaver for repair I think I could have purchased a pretty nice rifle.

WeaverQuikPoint870_zps4sxhqigp.jpg

My uncle had one on his shotgun and put more deer down than I can count. He swore by the thing and it worked for him. 

18 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

18 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

My uncle had one on his shotgun and put more deer down than I can count

I am glad to hear your uncle did so well with his Weaver Qwick Point, there had to have been a few that stayed together because they kept producing them for a few years before discontinuing them. Our store did not wait that long, they were so bad we discontinued selling them on our own as they were not worth the hassle and the disgruntled customers.

Al

• Like 1