Do bears change habits during late summer?

Bionic

I live in Sullivan County, and in the spring, until around the wnd of August, early September I see numerous bears.  I see bears at my house more often than deer, and see a lot during my commute.  I lose track typically around 25-30 sightings, which i feel is a lot of sightings.  Anyways, once September comes around I don't see bears anymore, even during my 37 mile commute to Orange County through Forestburgh, and Oakland Valley which is heavily forested.  

I was curious if anyone can teach me why.  I assume its dur to heat, and they start to not move as much, but then when I think deeper tgst makes no sense because I see them regularly in June, July, August, and I stop seeing them when they should probably be starting to fatten up.  Maybe my home is not near fatty food for the bears.  

2 hours ago, Bionic said:

crops as in farm fields? There aren't any farms within i'd say 30 miles.  They must move to other sections of the forest for foods.  I wish I could figure them out, some big bears around.  

Ive read that a bear will find every single calorie in its range, which can be many miles

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bears are very nomadic and seasonal due to changes in their food availability. I have an abandoned orchard near my hunting area and in late summer and early fall the place is very active with bears. So much so I have at least 7-8 adult bears on trail cams working the area. Once the apples are dropped or become brown the bears are no where near that area.

It is amazing to track the trail cam action and it seems that once they are done, they are all done almost overnight and move on.