Is this the same buck?

Buckstopshere

Checked some cams today after the hunt and the Big 8 I have been seeing is weirdly like the big 9 I thought was killed last year by a kid's arrow. Hit high. I got this last shot of the buck a couple days after the kid, who was heartbroken, let his arrow fly. That was last year, and the last time I saw him. I thought he was dead.  Bummer. Well, my Big 8 has a very similar rack, but is much larger an animal. My question: Is it possible that the two wounds that look in slightly different places,(one higher than the other)  are actually the same wound on the same animal, the hide just stretched up because the animal got so much bigger?

By the way, I watched the Big 8 and four other bucks chase a doe this morning from my stand. 

Big 8 2016 .jpg

10.11.15 Big 9 2015  wounded .jpg

My favorite picture of the Big 8 .jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grampy said:

I'd say two different bucks. Looks as if those scars are in totally different spots. jmo.

Thanks, others say "it is the same buck...no question."  I keep thinking if an NFL linebacker put on my shirt(if he could get into it), would the  mark where the arrow hit, move up? Or is that too much of a stretch...Haaaa.

I think

6 minutes ago, grampy said:

Both are great bucks! And the antlers are very similar for sure. Best way to find out for sure is to put your tag on him and give it a close look! Good luck!

Whether it is the same buck or another, he is a lot smarter than I. That's for sure. I have been trying to kill him...but he always uses the wind. Even this morning when he was trailing four other bucks after a doe, he walked though the edge of the woods. He didn't get that big being stupid.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BuckThornBooners said:

Are you going to kill that buck or just take pictures of it all season. seems like he is on a leash..

That is the question.

If he somehow, with so many guys on adjacent properties gunning (no pun intended,) if he walks into my shooting window. I will kill him. But...I have to admit. If he makes it. He will be worth a lot in stories. so part of me is pulling for him..not to mention, what would a 5.5 year old buck in Wellsville, look like? He would look like a Midwestern deer.  I am sure we have not seen one in my lifespan...about 65 years.

Looks to me like theres a dang good chance its the same buck. Obv. 1 & 3 are the same, but #2 looks the same too bucks can grow an extra point or two or not grow a point or 2 going into the following growing season. 

I say its the same buck.

If not, its a buck that was a twin lol 

• Like 1