Son of a B*#+h

Redneckoflatham

This morning started off perfect my 2 week old son had a great night and i got a good night sleep my 3 year old son woke up to wish me luck the rut is in full swing the cams are showing good movement i had my stand picked and was ready for my hunt with only 3 hrs before work i had my gear in the truck and off i go 10 min down the road stop for coffee and reach for my phone to text my buddy and wish him luck and Son Of A B*tch my phones at home rip the truck around fly home to grab the phone open the door and my dog come unglued barking like crazy waking up the entire house wife not happy at all back in the truck now running late i arive at the farm and decide to drive closer to the stand then i like but with time ticking its worth it right? Gearing up pants boots jacket gloves head lamp spray some fresh earth scent grab my bow set it to the side reach in my bag for my harness and ... Son Of A B*itch i cant find it search the truck search the bag and nothing with the sun on its way up i decide the best thing to do is get out of there before I disturb the area any more my drive home sux knowing this morning hunt is over have to be at work by 9 going in early with the hopes of getting out for the afternoon hunt. Not happy with myself but being that my wife is a stay at home mom and hearing more and more stories of tree stand accidents i feel i made the right decision feel free to share your Son Of A B*itch hunting stories goid luck stay safe 

1 hour ago, cleverscreenname said:

Good on you for not hunting without your harness. It was the right answer that not everyone would have chosen. 

I'll second that.  Putting your family first is always a good decision.  The deer will still be there.

My SOB moment.  During small game season, I drove all the way to where I was going to hunt, which is an hour drive.  Couldn't find my hunting license which I normally keep pinned to my backpack.  Drove all the way home and search the house.  Couldn't find it.  Then realized the last time I went hunting, I didn't bring a backpack so the hunting license was in my gun case which I had bought with me all along.

• Like 1

I'll fess up. 2-3x a year I'll pull off to the side of the road for my hour drive to hunt turkeys/deer to make sure I grabbed gun from safe and put in the trunk that morning. Haven't forgot it.......yet

I forgot my waders once for trout fishing, that sucked as it was pretty cold wading in regular boots.