Texas Heart Shot

wolc123

Reeltime, I know what you are saying.  While I was 99.5% certain that buck would be killed right where he stood, I was fully expecting a messy gut job and a significant amount of damaged meat.  It sounds like a few of the others on this thread, who have taken similar shots, have experienced that.  The only physical explanation for it would be that the bullet did not encounter any significant resistance until it had traveled most of the way thru the buck.  That would require near-perfect shot-placement on the center of the bung-hole, coupled with near-perfect alignment of the buck's body.  

I simply am not that good on my own, therefore I give 99.5% of the credit to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I don't care if anyone has a problem with that.  I will pray for them anyhow.         

• Like 1

Reeltime, I know what you are saying.  While I was 99.5% certain that buck would be killed right where he stood, I was fully expecting a messy gut job and a significant amount of damaged meat.  It sounds like a few of the others on this thread, who have taken similar shots, have experienced that.  The only physical explanation for it would be that the bullet did not encounter any significant resistance until it had traveled most of the way thru the buck.  That would require near-perfect shot-placement on the center of the bung-hole, coupled with near-perfect alignment of the buck's body.  
I simply am not that good on my own, therefore I give 99.5% of the credit to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I don't care if anyone has a problem with that.  I will pray for them anyhow.         

Lol the all telling comment of the cult religious brainwashed!!!! Telling people you will pray for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I think you guys are just feeding this dude ammo to preach. Every comment makes him respond by plugging JC. Religon Troll in my opinion and every comment you make won't change or sway his opinion, only fuel his opinions onto you. 

I think you guys are just feeding this dude ammo to preach. Every comment makes him respond by plugging JC. Religon Troll in my opinion and every comment you make won't change or sway his opinion, only fuel his opinions onto you. 

He's not a troll he's been here forever

This slob will be eating very well this winter thankyou.   That buck was the cleanest to butcher of (4) I did this year including two archery kills and another "thru the ribs" gun-kill.   Tag-soup just does not do it for me.   The Good Lord was exceptionally good to me this year, who am I to pass on His gifts?

Edited by wolc123

I'm saddened by both sides here.

Believing in God and following his preaching's doesn't give you the right to just wing it through life and trust it all works out. God guides, he doesn't "do".

Not believing in a higher power doesn't mean you should criticize those that do. The insults and insinuation by a few in here tell me more about you as a person than what Wolc's beliefs tell me about him. Many successful intelligent people believe in a higher power, Wolc doesn't speak for us all.

• Like 2

I'm saddened by both sides here.
Believing in God and following his preaching's doesn't give you the right to just wing it through life and trust it all works out. God guides, he doesn't "do".
Not believing in a higher power doesn't mean you should criticize those that do. The insults and insinuation by a few in here tell me more about you as a person than what Wolc's beliefs tell me about him. Many successful intelligent people believe in a higher power, Wolc doesn't speak for us all.

I never attacked his belief in a higher power I attacked his blind faith that acting stupid in the name of god would work out because it was in his name

• Like 3

Welcome back Belo, it is good to hear from you again.   I don't believe in "a" higher power, but I do believe in "The" higher power, Jesus Christ.   He is all I need, to know for certain that it WILL all work out.   The time we have here is fleeting, but eternity with Him is forever.   You are very right about the "guide" part though.  He has "guided" every deer I have shot at (and even many that I did not) over the last 10 or so years, into "deer heaven" - our food supply.  All I had to "do" was pull the trigger.   He also "guides" me to hone my marksmanship skills, and to hunt where the deer are.  He even went so far in the subject deer on this thread, to align it perfectly with my rifle barrel.  That resulted in minimal meat was damage, and gutting was as clean as a whistle.  

If these were just isolated incidents, or if I failed to capitalize on even one deer that I shot at over the last 10 years, the "coincedence", or "dumb luck" arguments might hold some water.  I find it odd that some of these folks who are accusing me of taking "unethical" shots have posted this year or last about "clean misses" they have made, or deer they have struck, but were not able to recover.  Once again, every deer I have shot at over the last 10 years was recovered and eaten by my family or friends.  Now tell me who is "ethical".    

The best thing about faith in Jesus Christ is eternity in Heaven, but there are fringe benefits as well.   Full freezers, and live-wells are just a few of the lesser ones.   You can't force that faith, but you can stack the deck in your favor.  Regular Bible reading is a good place to start, as is hitting a weekly Church service and giving to and praying for those in need.                  

Edited by wolc123

Welcome back Belo, it is good to hear from you again.   I don't believe in "a" higher power, but I do believe in "The" higher power, Jesus Christ.   He is all I need, to know for certain that it WILL all work out.   The time we have here is fleeting, but eternity with Him is forever.   You are very right about the "guide" part though.  He has "guided" every deer I have shot at (and even many that I did not) over the last 10 or so years, into "deer heaven" - our food supply.  All I had to "do" was pull the trigger.   He also "guides" me to hone my marksmanship skills, and to hunt where the deer are.  He even went so far in the subject deer on this thread, to align it perfectly with my rifle barrel.  That resulted in minimal meat was damage, and gutting was as clean as a whistle.  

If these were just isolated incidents, or if I failed to capitalize on even one deer that I shot at over the last 10 years, the "coincedence", or "dumb luck" arguments might hold some water.  I find it odd that some of these folks who are accusing me of taking "unethical" shots have posted this year or last about "clean misses" they have made, or deer they have struck, but were not able to recover.  Once again, every deer I have shot at over the last 10 years was recovered and eaten by my family or friends.  Now tell me who is "ethical".    

The best thing about faith in Jesus Christ is eternity in Heaven, but there are fringe benefits as well.   Full freezers, and live-wells are just a few of the lesser ones.   You can't force that faith, but you can stack the deck in your favor.  Regular Bible reading is a good place to start, as is hitting a weekly Church service and giving to and praying for those in need.                  

I'll make a deal with you! Get on the through way get the car up to 75 and let go and let jesus take the wheel... you survive doing this for 45 seconds on film and I will read the Bible every day and go to church once a week for the rest of my life!!!!! Jesus just gave you the chance to turn a sinner into a true believer will you take it

Last time someone recorded live doing 115 on the highway, JC didn't treat him well. He's in the ICU right now.

Why do you think I said what I said.... along with asking him to let jesus drive lol...... I know I'm a ass but it proves a point

The entitlement some of you have because you bought a tag is ridiculous. You are an insult to hunters and ethical persons everywhere. Guessing your own personal desires for smile entry routes play as much as part in your justification for shooting a living thing through is anus as does your inability to be smart enough to be presented with a better shot. You're morals are as high as your intelligence ..... Add disgrace and sacks of chit to the fine list of descriptors. Couldn't wish the inability of your participation in what you'd wonder hunting to fall on you quick enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, gjs4 said:

The entitlement some of you have because you bought a tag is ridiculous. You are an insult to hunters and ethical persons everywhere. Guessing your own personal desires for smile entry routes play as much as part in your justification for shooting a living thing through is anus as does your inability to be smart enough to be presented with a better shot. You're morals are as high as your intelligence ..... Add disgrace and sacks of chit to the fine list of descriptors. Couldn't wish the inability of your participation in what you'd wonder hunting to fall on you quick enough.

Any chance of translating that into plain English?

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:35 AM, vizslas said:

religion and deer hunting have no place in the same sentence  Here let me explain  this will be easy. Deer exist they are tangible. god does not exist. he is neither tangible, because you cant touch the money you gave to your church ever again. look people save your jesus for your religous web pages. stop being confused and go to the range and shoot your gun  and then you can be your own god good luck bible pushers.

chef, I never said you specificially. there's a few posts like this in this thread

Color book language-
Just because you have a tag and legal right to harvest an animal does not mean it is the best thing to do. Understand the herd and area before pulling the trigger. Know your decisions have an overall impact.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gjs4 said:

Color book language-
Just because you have a tag and legal right to harvest an animal does not mean it is the best thing to do. Understand the herd and area before pulling the trigger. Know your decisions have an overall impact.

Was this post intended for this thread?  If not, no big deal and thanks for the "bump". A 5th page would be nice.  I think a "Texas heart shot" thread went that long on this site when someone else posted about it a few years back.  Has anyone else made one where there was minimal meat damage, including un-bruised tenderloins, and a clean gutting job? 

I guess it is ok if I am the only one.  It took 35 years of deer hunting for me to be presented with the perfect conditions for this shot, and I don't suppose I will see it again.  It is definitely not a shot I would recommend for beginners, or those who are not confident in their marksmanship on deer.  Proper placement of a good bullet with enough energy will guarantee a quick kill but will most likely still result in a significant amount of damaged meat and a messy gutting job.    

Speaking of coloring, that reminds me of something else, in addition to bullet placement and the alignment of the deer to my gun barrel, that was close to perfect about this shot.   That would be the spot where it happened.   I don't remember a prettier spot than right there, on that snow-covered forested ridge, up in the Adirondacks.  Just one more reason for me to believe, that there is no limit to the blessings that The Good Lord can deliver, while we are still down here on Earth.  I can only imagine how much more awaits in Heaven.           

Was this post intended for this thread?  If not, no big deal and thanks for the "bump". A 5th page would be nice.  I think a "Texas heart shot" thread went that long on this site when someone else posted about it a few years back.  Has anyone else made one where there was minimal meat damage, including un-bruised tenderloins, and a clean gutting job? 
I guess it is ok if I am the only one.  It took 35 years of deer hunting for me to be presented with the perfect conditions for this shot, and I don't suppose I will see it again.  It is definitely not a shot I would recommend for beginners, or those who are not confident in their marksmanship on deer.  Proper placement of a good bullet with enough energy will guarantee a quick kill but will most likely still result in a significant amount of damaged meat and a messy gutting job.    
Speaking of coloring, that reminds me of something else, in addition to bullet placement and the alignment of the deer to my gun barrel, that was close to perfect about this shot.   That would be the spot where it happened.   I don't remember a prettier spot than right there, on that snow-covered forested ridge, up in the Adirondacks.  Just one more reason for me to believe, that there is no limit to the blessings that The Good Lord can deliver, while we are still down here on Earth.  I can only imagine how much more awaits in Heaven.           

You know I made you a great offer on my last post about letting jesus take the wheel and you totally ignored me. That wasn't very godly of you now was it

a quartering to shot at a moderate range, you wouldn't take the shot through the shoulder with a shotgun or a rifle?

Honestly it would depend on a lot of variables- gun, distance, time of year and a number of others. Definitely not with a bow.

• Like 1

I lost significantly more meat on my "quartering to" shot at close range with my crossbow this season than I did on the 50 yard "Texas-heart" shot with my rifle.   The mechanical broadhead entered just behind the shoulder and took out a big part of a butt-roast on it's way out the other side.  That was also a messier gut job, with corn everywhere from where the broadhead sliced thru the stomach.  The bodies on both bucks were similar sized but the rifle buck produced 1 more quart of meat (a lot less trimming was needed).  That is enough to feed my family of four dinner and a "leftover" lunch for me the next day.