Hunter shot

Paula

So we know what happened unnecessary tragic event for an entire family. 

Now will someone tell me why the sheriffs dept needed to use this of all events,to pull out one of their new toys. Let's see hunting group apparently not too far apart(assumption here) ,shooting within hunting party. What warrants them bringing out a drone to "survey " the scene? Please explain this to me.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, growalot said:

Now will someone tell me why the sheriffs dept needed to use this of all events,to pull out one of their new toys. Let's see hunting group apparently not too far apart(assumption here) ,shooting within hunting party. What warrants them bringing out a drone to "survey " the scene? Please explain this to me.

Small town, they finally got a chance to use it. 

33 minutes ago, Deerstalker said:

If you live in nyc alot of guys there they consider  Rochester already to be  western  New York just like they  think Westchester is already  Upstate New York .

I just don't get how Rochester isn't western NY. I don't get how people think Westchester is upstate, but it is a common thought here. 

3 hours ago, growalot said:

Photos of the area for any further investigation, if charges are filed, etc. Drones take about 2 mins to setup and launch, and no flight costs incurred. Why not use it if the tax payers bought it?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Deerstalker said:

If you live in nyc alot of guys there they consider  Rochester already to be  western  New York just like they  think Westchester is already  Upstate New York .

Rochester is in Western NY, its just not in the South West. Once you get into WNY, it doesn't get much more North than Rochester really.

• Like 1

Because it was pretty cut and dry as to what happened on the ground due to the #  of corroborating witnesses. With the equipment the government's been pushing small town /county departments to buy,well I'll just leave alone the, "Tax payers bought it,why not use it? " question.  It just looked less than photo investigation and more photo OP. to me.

This fatality reminds me of the time a bunch of years ago that a guy walked up to me to talk, and had his gun cradled in the elbow of his arm with the barrel pointed at my knees. I flipped out all over him and told him to get the hell away from me.

Then there was the guy who rested the muzzle of his shotgun on top of his boot.

And then there was friend  brought down by my Canadian brother-in-law who lagged behind as we were going up to the targets while we were sighting in the shotguns. Imagine the shock and surprise when the damned gun went off behind us. He was doing some foolish thing with his gun while we were in front of him and the gun went off. I pointed to the hill across the valley, and told him that was were he was going to be hunting. I wasn't kidding either. I really didn't want to be in the same county as this bozo.

There have been other episodes over the years that simply convinced me that the woods are full of idiots. I think I really am amazed that the numbers of accidents isn't higher than it is.