The book, Dead On

Nomad

Grampy, mentioned this book which is all I needed. Bought one, liked it so much I bought a bunch more, been giving them to hunting friends for their collections .

I'll keep a couple to loan to guys who have issues recovering their deer. The guys who look an hour, can't tell what different blood tells them,  and so on.

The author has been on over 900 deer tracks/ recovery with dogs over 30 years . He shares what he's learned based on that .

IMG_3415.PNG

• Like 6

I'm glad you liked the book Larry. The wealth of information in that book, can and will, make all the difference between recovering a deer or not recovering it. It's one of those books in my opinion,  that every hunter, no matter their experience should read. I can't recommend it highly enough. I too, have bought and given away, quite a few copies, to new hunters and friends. Gets five stars from grampy!!!  :good:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, outdoorstom said:

I spent yesterday with the Jeanneney's doing some training with Luna. Great people!!

Great people for sure. This being John's first year of not actively tracking, he is always happy to have someone stop by. I know he is very impressed with you and Luna! John's dog, Tommy is on a roll this year, as well. And being used by a couple different handlers. Very impressive.