Solo Hunting Pics

Lawdwaz

Phade started a thread earlier today on group hunting pictures and then posted some great examples from this season.  I mentioned that most of my hero shots are taken while alone. The reason for that is that I like (insist on) photos of ungutted animals, posed in the field whenever possible. For many years I've used a little tripod called the Ultrapod. It screws to the bottom of any digital or (remember these?) 35mm camera. It is a tiny little thing that weighs nothing and has the ability to even be strapped to a solid object maybe 2" in diameter in case you don't have a solid surface to set the three legs on. I've strapped it to saplings and branches many times.  As in both examples here, the self timer button is the function of choice.

Here's the Ultrapod with a digital camera....

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 2

And here is my other sneaky method.  :)

When I don't have the digital camera and/or tripod handy I'll use my Iphone (yes, it has a timer) and my always handy binoculars.  Here is a pair of Bushnell binos as an example........

IMG_0743_zpsoafqxzzs.jpg

IMG_0742_zps2v83fdmv.jpg

IMG_0741_zpsnrcgws5q.jpg

This method can be a little tricky but where there's a will, there's a way. :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I have never been able to take pics alone except for the picture in my profile photo . I GOOGLED how to set the timer for my Samsung S5 phone and was able to figure out how to set it for 10 seconds . I will have to give it a try sometime when out hunting . 

Try the bino's at holding the camera.

See the thing is that you need to see where the camera/phone is pointing when you're setting up the shot. Somehow you need to get behind it to see the"view finder".  The bino set up works pretty good.