This is why I don't go to gun shops!

Well I walked in a gun shop with no intentions of buying anything but a scope cap. I ended up with a H&R 30-30 with an extractor and a Henry big loop carbine 22 and a leupold vx2 1-4. This is why my wife doesn't like me going to gun shops alone.b2c17d970d07a13d82a3e31904fde9d9.jpg

First shot with the 30-30 80yds free hand. I think she'll work!1e68558954dce80af6a71827f308001b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11

I had to show serious restraint today as well. I'm looking at upgrading to a new shotgun and new rifle. My hunting buddy nearly had me talked into a new benelli  sbe ii. Soooo close but didn't pull the trigger on it. 

Congrats on the new guns. 

I am the same. The last time I was in an actual gun shop was when we were house hunting. Stopped in in the morning to get some .22LR ammo, looked at a few used rifles, and left, one caught both our eyes. That afternoon we stopped back in and I bought my Savage Axis .25-06. It was a good deal on a decent rifle that I just could not pass up.

Looks like you picked a couple great additions to your collection Buckmaster. Congrats.

• Like 1

how do you like that henry i was looking at one a few weeks ago.

i didn't even know h&r made rifles i sometimes miss my little .41o fun gun.

I love the Henry, I only shot a couple hundred shells this afternoon so it's still early. So far the action is smooth shoots quarter sized groups at 25yds and I went 24 for 24 on my 6" gong at 100yds freehand.

H&R made rifles for a long time until Remington and all of their infinite wisdom stopped them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1