Love / hate...

Lilacs by the front porch are swelling.  I ice fished yesterday, but the ice is going fast.  I can't get in the woods with the tractor without rutting things up.  We could use a little winter.  I'm scratching my head, trying to figure what to do.  Two nights in a row that stayed above freezing, and no cold snap in sight.

Back to winter tonight, calling for 3-5 inches tonight 1" tomorrow...I can't complain I got so much done and so did Mr B...Drive is completely cleaned up,picnic table, metal roofing for dog house all equipment in the barns now...I got the dogs out side run completely cleaned and loaded with shavings again .....A bunch of woods work..yep been a great 2 weeks of catch up. The end of garden season,hunting,2 major holidays just hammers us on time every year. Last year worse than most . Age ,we slow down as time seems to speed up...lol Slow and steady wins the race...A old person had to have coined that expression. Though I'm not really "old" yet...just slower

Rain/sleet/freezing rain here.

Spent yesterday at the family farm pruning apple trees.  I wanted to get in the woods with the truck and get some wood out, but there was still too much snow.  I didn't expect that.  No snow here in the Champlain Valley.  So I worked on 5 trees that I'm releasing near my "woods plot to-be", then went to another property and worked on some very old trees that are all grown together.  All in all, I guess I made progress.  

Oh yeah, I paced out some other areas for expanding a plot from 1/4 acre to a 1/2.

• Like 1

We did end up getting several inches of very heavy wet snow...and not even the state trucks wer e out plowing until school let out...Oh ya the roads were so much fun yesterday...NOT!I'm about to head out to clean the drive a bit to keep the icing down when the real cold returns...going to 40 today...34 now...

I love this because the wet/melt will help with the spring planting...I hope to not have any snow pack into late May June this year...we will see what February / March brings...Those have become my scary months...:wink:

15 hours ago, bugsNbows said:

At 4:31 pm today it's 79* F at my house. I'm sitting out back with an adult beverage. Seems good to me. I can't handle the cold / snow much any more. Certified sissy I guess. 

Sounds great, but down south you get those nasty twirling things that twist trees off and make people remodel their homes.

• 3 weeks later...

Winter finally got here.  We had some cold last week, which I didn't mind.  Snow started last night.  I shouldn't complain, but snow does nothing for me.  I don't ski, snowmobile, or plow snow for money.  I've been helping my buddy with some logging and this is going to be a PITA.  Oh well.  The mild "winter" was good while it lasted.  Now it's time to get out the tractor and plow the driveway.