Storm Niko

BizCT

Just out with the dog again, she's seriously anxious right now. Not even snow anymore, it's sleet. I could hear it bouncing off the hood on my coat. We had it good for a few years in the Capitol area, now we seem to be having a good old fashioned NYS winter. It might be late, but it's here. 

• Like 1

Let me just give you guys that drive in this stuff all the time...A WORLD OF CREDIT!

I drove home from Big Flats last night ...only one lane half clean, snowing, pitch blk and tractor trailers all going 74 mph on very slick snow...I was finally able to get off 20 miles from home and take the no car back roads... I barely made it up our hill, ant skid was on the entire away...I about had lock jaw by the time I got home. walked through the door and went straight for my BP pills....

God bless ya.... I'm so glad those days are well in my past....

• Like 1

bb7f39d06c6b8f7bdf83a24ab20e8c05.jpg

Picked up this jet sled and hitch at field and stream on the way up yesterday. Glad I did because it worked awesome. My buddy had a jet sled already but he picked up the same hitch.

4dc171a1ab9d12780ee06dbf3ab762b9.jpg

f149519707cc4542799d83a1b3fe9a68.jpg

40944cf15e2ed2d7b4e7db5098bd96f8.jpg

45b976325e22333e206811825d7d1a50.jpg

8-12 inches of ice out here depending where your at. Caught a few small pike and one walleye after dark. Phone was dead by then so no pics unfortunately. Packed up a bit early because the storm is really rolling in now. Dumping almost 2 inches a hour here.

O and if anyone was ever wondering if the Ion electric ice augers are worth the money. It's worth it's weight in gold. That thing ripped through the ice completely effortlessly. We drilled over 50 holes Saturday and it didn't come close to dying. Charged it up overnight and drilled 30 more today and it didn't leave full charge on the indicator. And the reverse flush feature is awesome too. Cleans the holes out really well to the point that we didn't bother using the traditional ice scoop anymore.

• Like 1