Running coyotes with dogs next week

i have always been a fan of the Black and Tans. those Treeing Walker's and Plott hounds are all really great dogs.I like the way the walkers have that big voice and they have a really cool paint job. I always have room for a hound or two at our  house. right now we have a ten year old female and a 7 year old male. Hounds are great dogs if you can deal with their outlook on life,oh yeah their barks ,I think they save their barking for  the worst possible time. Both are rescue hounds.

Nessiecucumber.jpg

loafer2.jpg

loafer3.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, vizslas said:

i have always been a fan of the Black and Tans. those Treeing Walker's and Plott hounds are all really great dogs.I like the way the walkers have that big voice and they have a really cool paint job. I always have room for a hound or two at our  house. right now we have a ten year old female and a 7 year old male. Hounds are great dogs if you can deal with their outlook on life,oh yeah their barks ,I think they save their barking for  the worst possible time. Both are rescue hounds.

Nessiecucumber.jpg

loafer2.jpg

loafer3.jpg

Good looking dogs. 

• Like 1

I am also a fan of the Black and Tan, I have had several I hunted Coon with and one of my best was a Black and Tan. Below is a photo about 30 years ago of Willie my last Black and Tan along with one of my Airedales and a couple of young English Coonhounds on a training session getting them fired up a Coon hide drag.

Al

126133463dzhKYg_ph.jpg

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, airedale said:

I am also a fan of the Black and Tan, I have had several I hunted Coon with and one of my best was a Black and Tan. Below is a photo about 30 years ago of Willie my last Black and Tan along with one of my Airedales and a couple of young English Coonhounds on a training session getting them fired up a Coon hide drag.

Al

126133463dzhKYg_ph.jpg

A climber, and a couple of real hounds

• Like 1

2 hours ago, helmut in the bush said:

Nothing happened to the dog, it was only seconds till the other dogs got there, that was the young, fast dog. I can't believe that my buddy thought about taking a picture when all that was going on, I would have been a little more concerned about the dog

Kind of reminds me of some pictures and video's I've seen of decoy dog hunters from out west:

Some of those dogs really like to provoke the coyote, which I guess is the whole point of using a decoy dog.  I suppose just like hunting with hounds, you've got to strike a good balance between risk and reward.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Padre86 said:

Kind of reminds me of some pictures and video's I've seen of decoy dog hunters from out west:

Some of those dogs really like to provoke the coyote, which I guess is the whole point of using a decoy dog.  I suppose just like hunting with hounds, you've got to strike a good balance between risk and reward.

Did they let the coyote kill that one dog, if so thats bullshit

The guy that put together that vidoe, Tony Tebbe, is frequent poster over at predator masters.  I've heard he has quite a bit of experience with running decoy dogs, so I doubt he lost a dog, and if he did, I doubt he would show that on a video.  What part of the video are you referring to?

8 hours ago, helmut in the bush said:

IMG_1394.PNG

If the Hounds can push them hard enough they get tired and they will make a stand and it takes a good dog to whip one. Usually they will get under  dead fall so any dog going in will face a frontal assault

Edited by airedale

17 minutes ago, helmut in the bush said:

Did they let the coyote kill that one dog, if so thats bullshit

What you were looking at was a pair of Coyotes came in to the hunter, he knocked one down but it did not die instantly and was probably yipping. The other Coyote was attacking the dying companion which is typical of canines when a injury occurs, domestic dogs will do the same thing.

Al

18 minutes ago, Padre86 said:

The guy that put together that vidoe, Tony Tebbe, is frequent poster over at predator masters.  I've heard he has quite a bit of experience with running decoy dogs, so I doubt he lost a dog, and if he did, I doubt he would show that on a video.  What part of the video are you referring to?

Right a 1.39 looks like the dog took a beating, then they shot the coyote

13 minutes ago, airedale said:

What you were looking at was a pair of Coyotes came in to the hunter, he knocked one down but it did not die instantly and was probably yipping. The other Coyote was attacking the dying companion which is typical of canines when a injury occurs, domestic dogs will do the same thing.

Al

That looked like the decoy dog, not another coyote, maybe I'm wrong

5 hours ago, helmut in the bush said:

Your right, the decoy dogs in the other clips made me think it was a dog, that makes me fell better, they shot 2, you can't kill enough of them

I'm sure the hunters and ranchers out west appreciate these kinds of hunters...keeps the pressure off their livestock.

• 2 weeks later...