Why I like mulberries

growalot

My brother has a mulberry tree on his hedgerow. Even though it's mostly in the middle of nowhere, with no nearby cover for animals, there were rarely any left on the ground in the mornings. I'd climb the tree and shake the branches so we could have some to eat. Lightly mush them with a spoon and make pancakes like you would with blueberries!

• Like 1

Way back when I got mine from Millers nursery...they sold to Starks..they have them. I Also like Raintree nursery in Oregon. Now I know they are west coast but Oregon has a very similar weather as us. Just not quite as cold (sister lives there). They get their stock from around thecworld and have an excellent catalog . I like their stock. Go for ever bearing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I have never had a mulberry. Do they sell them in the grocery stores?

I've never seen them in a store or market, the fruit is extremely perishable. They are delicious, something like a cross between blueberries & blackberries. I planted a tree in my yard once, but it never grew; probably best it didn't, the birds would eat them and drop purple bombs on all the neighbor's cars & the sidewalk. There is a tree about 1/4 mile walk from my house, this thread has given me inspiration, I may take a walk over there and see if there are any worth picking.