Refinished Climber Stand

dbHunterNY

Summit Open Shot climber was getting beat up. Finish left lots a shiny aluminum spots on it from over a decade of use. I've been busy but each morning I gave it another coat. Came out alright I think. It should work just fine. I've got new shrink tubing for the cables once i pull the old stuff off to inspect them. Setup is only 14 lbs so I use it a lot. Even in timber during rifle season.

a1fbfd0447a313cb9650eff84ee097da.jpgde7af3b98ee1b5ef7732d4e7af1d1abc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 6

nothing special and honestly i didn't strip the whole thing first.  we'll see how it works.  I think all the cans were Rustoleum.  First coat was grey auto primer.  next various colors of their ultra flat non-reflective "camouflage" line.  lighter tan color was just a flat matte 2X coat can of theirs.  the top section i didn't do much with where i missed i can't imagine it'll last long if i did.  bottom section was bad.

I know of a guy that tinkered with DIY powder coating with an old kitchen oven he picked up.  that would almost be the way to go.  i think it'd have to be all the solid and one color though.  for the cost of spray paint i did it the easier way.

Don't forget to take a can with you to the stand in case you nick it. Great cover scent !!!

I have done some stands with rubberised paints and they kill 2birds. Color and sound deadening. Only thing that stinks is selection of colors !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Don't forget to take a can with you to the stand in case you nick it. Great cover scent !!!

I have done some stands with rubberised paints and they kill 2birds. Color and sound deadening. Only thing that stinks is selection of colors !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

thought about testing that first but i'd only see black on the shelves.

I was out in the garage and what RealTCIII said popped into my head. Felt silly for half a second but yea.. no smell.

Here's the colors and paint I used along with a leafy locust branch and a dishwashing sponge.
7083cf353713899865212a2cd73576e2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1