CP Swing

Lawdwaz

As a young boy the CP Swing was one of my most productive lures. This past April had some work to do at my FIL's house in Florida and among all the stuff I was rooting through I found a bent, beat up and tarnished CP Swing. 

Tonight I pulled it out and tried to straighten the main shaft and got it pretty good. I jumped in the truck and heade up to the canal to see if it swam straight and the blade spun like it should. It did!

No fish were harmed in this excercise. :)

IMG_2583.JPG

• Like 1

Used to hammer perch, right after ice out with the CP Swing !! I know I still have a few of them tucked away in one of my tackle boxes. May even have to get one out and use it after seeing this. Thanks for jogging my memory Larry!

The old silver CP Swing was probably the favorite lure for bass and perch back when I was a kid, in the late sixties.  I still have a few and I see them for sale on Ebay.  They shine up well with a pencil eraser and some ashes.  I don't know if they are still made.   There are lighter, "knock off" versions around.

jperch

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jperch said:

The old silver CP Swing was probably the favorite lure for bass and perch back when I was a kid, in the late sixties.  I still have a few and I see them for sale on Ebay.  They shine up well with a pencil eraser and some ashes.  I don't know if they are still made.   There are lighter, "knock off" versions around.

jperch

I'll try that pencil thing out.....

The "Made In France" thing is purty cool too isn't it??

" Maid in France" means it is good to eat, nes't pas ??

I caught first big ( 19")  brown trout on a CP Swing  from Cryder Creek in Whitesville in 1973...

It was a standby for  northern PA  stream trout fishermen...

• Like 1