Halo Range Finder

Has anyone used the Halo brand range finders?

Dick's has them on sale right now with a rebate but the reviews on them are mixed but most are bad due to the battery compartment door breaking not because of the actual function of the range finder. Could be a great deal or one of those you get what you pay for items. 

I bought one a while back.  I believe it was around $170 on sale for $119.  It works just fine.  I've ranged deer out to 480 yards and trees out to 800 yards (1000 yard limit).  It has the angle adjustment, but I never use it.  My battery compartment wasn't broken but it is unbelievably loose fitting.  just a drop of green locktite fixed that right up.

46 minutes ago, grampy said:

The old adage, buy once cry once is so true. If there is a question about it, perhaps spending a bit more for a proven rangefinder, would give you less headaches down the road.   JMO.

Trust me I get it, I've been there done that before but I tend to be cheap and never buy the best or even near the best of anything. I just try to make due with the less expensive versions. 

• Like 2

I bought a halo xrt6 I believe it is last summer. Has the angle compensation thing for bow hunting. I think I got it on eBay for $109 if I remember right. It has worked great since day one. I've ranged 886 yards with it and it's only rated for 600. I had a very nice and expensive leupold but I lost it and didn't feel like dropping a bunch of money on a new one. I don't use the range finder as much as most people so I get by just fine with my Halo. So far it hasn't given me any reason not to like it. For the price I don't think it can be beat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bugsNbows said:

I'd suggest expanding your research and check out the various Sig Sauer rangefinders. 

I was surprised to find one at $189 however that's still more than I want to spend. Maybe someday I will be in the position to go out and buy the best but that day is not today. So far i'm liking what i am hearing about the Halo. 

• Like 1