Hypothetical deer season

wooly

Largely due to the loss of revenue after the controversial debute crossbow season is haulted at the mid point of ths season...NYS DEC allows hunters to trap deer durring the 2012-2013 season for an additional $25 tag to recoupe it's losses. ???

Snares, foot holds, live traps, deadfalls, maylasian whips, spike pits, net cannons, lassoe them from a stand....you name it, it's open season on any and all venison! :)

Who's taking on the new challenge and tell us a little about what trapping method you'll be using! :P

Wow you guys must like hard work all that digging! At least with the stakes you don't have to dig so deep ..otherwise deer can jump like 7 feet so you'll need to go what 8' ??? I'll take my 30 sec. snare, bet i'll have a few caught before you even finish 1 pit!! LOL...

I agree, a snare would seem to be the most effective in keeping human odor to a minimum, the quickest set and most silent and probably the most productive. :P

I like the whip, but hate to see any unsuspecting passer bys get spiked.

Thanks for playing! ;)

Wow you guys must like hard work all that digging! At least with the stakes you don't have to dig so deep ..otherwise deer can jump like 7 feet so you'll need to go what 8' ??? I'll take my 30 sec. snare, bet i'll have a few caught before you even finish 1 pit!! LOL...

All you need is a buddy with a Back-Hoe !  ::D